Chop Shop (new revision) - any final builds there?

modularblur

Hello!

Just got a Chop Shop v2 and it will be my first pedal build. I was looking at some images around and I can't seem to find a circuit similar to my mine anywhere.

Can someone post me an actual finished job of this same exact circuit (image attached)? I don't want to mess up anywhere!

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_2504.jpeg
    IMG_2504.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 20
You'll need to pay attention to a few things. First, make sure the offboard footswitch is oriented correctly. It will be a real PITA trying to desolder it. Secondly, take care when drilling the enclosure (if that's the route you're choosing to go). Third, solder the pots/switches with the board mounted in the enclosure. It will make it easier to pull out the whole circuit when done. WHen you're done you'll need to bias the JFETs with the 2 trimmers. We can help you with that. It's not hard. Or you can even do it by ear. Up to you.

I believe that I built one and posted my build here: https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/chop-shop-desolate-fuzz.20576/#post-258752

Is there something in particular you are worried about?

You'll need to pay attention to a few things. First, make sure the offboard footswitch is oriented correctly. It will be a real PITA trying to desolder it. Secondly, take care when drilling the enclosure (if that's the route you're choosing to go). Third, solder the pots/switches with the board mounted in the enclosure. It will make it easier to pull out the whole circuit when done. WHen you're done you'll need to bias the JFETs with the 2 trimmers. We can help you with that. It's not hard. Or you can even do it by ear. Up to you.

Thank you for the replies!

Either I'm real dumb - and it's a strong possibility because this is pretty much my first ever pedal - or some stuff is missing. I've ordered the "full Chop Shop" kit from Musikding - this one. The actual circuit it's this one though! Yet, looks like there are missing components, or I can't seem to understand what is going on.

Please check attached images with my assembly so far, the remaining pieces sent by Musikding and the material list used so far.

Am I missing something here!? I was super excited about this and now I'm just stuck on what to do.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Enclosure and knobs.jpeg
    Enclosure and knobs.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 25
  • Enclosure.JPEG
    Enclosure.JPEG
    416.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Montage so far.JPEG
    Montage so far.JPEG
    449.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Remaining pieces 2.JPEG
    Remaining pieces 2.JPEG
    274.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Remaining pieces.JPEG
    Remaining pieces.JPEG
    500.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Used parts list.JPEG
    Used parts list.JPEG
    388.6 KB · Views: 26
Thank you for the replies!

Either I'm real dumb - and it's a strong possibility because this is pretty much my first ever pedal - or some stuff is missing. I've ordered the "full Chop Shop" kit from Musikding - this one. The actual circuit it's this one though! Yet, looks like there are missing components, or I can't seem to understand what is going on.

Please check attached images with my assembly so far, the remaining pieces sent by Musikding and the material list used so far.

Am I missing something here!? I was super excited about this and now I'm just stuck on what to do.

Thank you very much!
Hi there: I recently compiled a build report for this under Swop Shop (PPCB Chop shop) in the build reports section. Do you have all the pots (should be three of them)? We’d also need to confirm that we’re working from the same revision.

Hi there: I recently compiled a build report for this under Swop Shop (PPCB Chop shop) in the build reports section. Do you have all the pots (should be three of them)? We’d also need to confirm that we’re working from the same revision.

Yeah, I've got the three pots, DC jack, input and output jacks and that's it. No toggle switch included and the only remaining components are the ones you see on the previous post.

Your pedal seems to be different. Looks like this one is the latest revision:

ChopShopV2.png

Yeah, I've got the three pots, DC jack, input and output jacks and that's it. No toggle switch included and the only remaining components are the ones you see on the previous post.

Your pedal seems to be different. Looks like this one is the latest revision:

ChopShopV2.png
Ok, give me an hour or so to come back to you.

I need to contact Klaus at Musikding, it looks like you got the new V2 PCB but the components (and enclosure) for the previous version.

I need to contact Klaus at Musikding, it looks like you got the new V2 PCB but the components (and enclosure) for the previous version.

I sent him an email with this text and images. Let's see how it goes. The Gorva was my decision.

The Gorva isn't a problem, it just isn't drilled for the toggle switch.

Did you drill it yourself? It'd be fairly easy to lay the new template over it and drill the additional missing hole.

Another possibility, but it'd take a bit longer, I could get you the correct PCB for the components you received.

The Gorva isn't a problem, it just isn't drilled for the toggle switch.

Did you drill it yourself? It'd be fairly easy to lay the new template over it and drill the additional missing hole.

Another possibility, but it'd take a bit longer, I could get you the correct PCB for the components you received.

Yeah, I drilled everything. I did not drilled the hole for the LED and the switch yet (it needs to extra holes, right?) because I couldn't find those parts either. So, just in case, I left those holes to the end.

Our esteemed constituent @Robert beat me to it, but you are in the best of hands.

For noting, the pair of three-legged sockets in your first remaining pieces pic are for the transistors. Recommended that you do use them (too late, darn), given that today’s J201s can be a bit of a gamble for reasons a bit complicated to explain here. The caps in the other remaining pieces pic are 10nF and 100nF respectively. Hope this helps and I’m sure the powers that be will get you swiftly sorted out.

Our esteemed constituent @Robert beat me to it, but you are in the best of hands.

For noting, the pair of three-legged sockets in your first remaining pieces pic are for the transistors. Recommended that you do use them (too late, darn), given that today’s J201s can be a bit of a gamble for reasons a bit complicated to explain here. The caps in the other remaining pieces pic are 10nF and 100nF respectively. Hope this helps and I’m sure the powers that be will get you swiftly sorted out.
Hello!

So, on that image where I can picking up two pieces the 10nJ100 is the 10nF and the .1J63 is the 100nF, to solder on the bottom corners of the board? Thank you!

Hello!

So, on that image where I can picking up two pieces the 10nJ100 is the 10nF and the .1J63 is the 100nF, to solder on the bottom corners of the board? Thank you!
Exactly so. PPCB boards list the values on the boards themselves, so you can ‘paint by numbers’ if you like 😉

No intent to be rude here: all I mean is that you can assemble the whole thing without consulting the schematic if you’re so inclined.

Back