Current lover- first time madbean build

The Gator

So an old friend of mine wanted a flanger different than his Boss flanger. So I decided to give a go at the current lover.
On my pedalpcb builds I like to reduce overall wiring by utilizing the daughter boards that Robert has to offer. The bypass switch boards and the I/O power boards. I noticed a lot of you do not use them. Not sure if it is a cost thing or what, but I recommend them if you want to reduce wiring in your pedals.
My question is, does anybody see a reason why I couldn't utilize the pedapcb boards in this current lover build?
Looks like the switch pinout on the board is the same.

Thanks
Gator

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230408-084247_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230408-084247_Chrome.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230408-084320_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230408-084320_Drive.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Assuming the L pad connects to the - pad of the LED the 3PDT breakout board should work fine.

The I/O board should be compatible electrically, just make sure you can make it physically fit the enclosure.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself, but I feel like these type of things are fiddly and an inconvenience. It's not about the money but the hassle of being stuck with the layout of the jack I/O board. Also it doesn't work with a lot of layouts or enclosure sizes. I don't find wiring a hassle and think it's usually cleaner, easier and most of all, easier to repair a broken switch or jack. But if it fits the layout do you boo.

Thank you for the replies!
Thank you for your perspective Guardians of the Analog. I use connectors to attach the daughter boards to the main. I also have a Hakko desoldering iron which makes replacing parts much easier.
But I agree with you. It all just preference.

Robert, Screenshot_20230408-134952_Drive.jpg it looks like it does hit the ground pad according to this trace.

Back