DEMO Desolate Fuzz (Unpleasant Surprise)

This post contains an audio or video demo
This is only my second Fairfield circuit, but given how much I adore the Low Tide / Shallow Water, and now this, I'm definitely gonna be building the rest as they become available
Chop Shop!

Besides these three, I have their Meet Maude, which is Fairfield’s delay. It was the first pedal of theirs I experienced, and it was pretty obvious that there was an unusual amount of talent there.

Chop Shop!

Besides these three, I have their Meet Maude, which is Fairfield’s delay. It was the first pedal of theirs I experienced, and it was pretty obvious that there was an unusual amount of talent there.
Adding the Choo Shop to my cart!

Chop Shop!

Not usually a fan of delay, but the demo I just watched of the Meet Maude made it seem pretty nifty. Those warbles and dustiness to the repeats are 🤌

Not usually a fan of delay, but the demo I just watched of the Meet Maude made it seem pretty nifty. Those warbles and dustiness to the repeats are 🤌
I use it less like a delay and more of an atmospheric “swamp” (not the best word, I could’ve also used “aura” just as well) that tracks what I’m playing. There‘s this lovely interaction between the tone and feed knobs—I’ll set it to be on the verge of oscillation, so that it never quite gets there, instead creates a very reverby swell around the notes.

The other nice feature is the side chain, so you can plug in a modifier (shallow water, anyone?) that operates on your repeats.

I use it less like a delay and more of an atmospheric “swamp” (not the best word, I could’ve also used “aura” just as well) that tracks what I’m playing. There‘s this lovely interaction between the tone and feed knobs—I’ll set it to be on the verge of oscillation, so that it never quite gets there, instead creates a very reverby swell around the notes.

The other nice feature is the side chain, so you can plug in a modifier (shallow water, anyone?) that operates on your repeats.
You've definitely piqued my interest
I read this whole thread and I still don't know what it is?
I wanna say it's a buffer, but it does color your tone in just the sweetest way you ever did hear

I read this whole thread and I still don't know what it is?
Sorry, I should’ve referenced that the “it” I was referring to here was Meet Maude, which @DGWVI and I had gotten off on a tangent. The origin “it” was another Faitfield Circuitry design, Unpleasant Surprise, the PPcb Calamity.

Back