Dream Fuzz

Awesome build, very pleased with the overall result. I decided to try rubber stamp letters with solvent ink for the graphics, for a DIY look. I had some challenges, listed here for reference: a) hole registration: LED is out of position, and the tone potentiometer is really stretched to save on connecting wires b) I used a momentary footswitch by mistake first time (no power) c) I first tried a found LED which did not work [I think it was infrared]. Both corrected. I will be more mindful of control position next time.

Working great! 10/10 would distort with again. The tone knob has a good response. The gain really kicks in at 10%+. The sag control is experimental, it mostly just cuts the sound.

434 435 436

Thanks for the compliments. :)?

I decided to leave out the toggle switch for aesthetic reasons, completely arbitrary.

The lettering is done with Signature clickable letters stamp set by Recollections and Stazon solvent ink - both from a local craft store. The ink has a good adherence - no clear coat needed. I would try smaller letters next time.

The letters are the medium size 1/4 " high. As you can see, there is a real estate limit. These were off the shelf at the retail store. They also have 3/8 " characters (online) which I will try next. :)

Back