Electrovibe Mini issues

zeitguy

Hey all. When headers soldered in, bypass works and led lights up, but no sound when turned on. The 7371 bulb however just stays lit, never pulses. And it only lights up when the gain trimpot is turned up all the way. Any idea what could be going on? IMG_3667.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3667.jpeg
    IMG_3667.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 12
Looks like you've got a ceramic cap where you should have a 47r resistor at the top of the board with the bulb on it.
Its now fixed, it pulses correctly now. Except that I get a lot farting distortion if I dig in a little on the strings. Oh, and the spdt switch cuts the signal in one of its posistion. (I double checked, its a On-On)

Bottom right corner of the LDR board, looks like there should be a 47k and a 4.7k, but the two resistors look to be the same.

Side note - I fully respect using what you've got around to get something done, but in the interest of easier troubleshooting, there is an advantage to using all the same resistor type, and orienting them all the same way (brown tolerance bands all pointing one direction). Makes it much easier to double check the values after the fact.

Back