Electrovibe Mockup Pedal

Yep, Tayda has everything you need with the exception of the two C100K dual pots.

They do carry them, they're just out of stock at the moment.

Yep, Tayda has everything you need with the exception of the two C100K dual pots.

They do carry them, they're just out of stock at the moment.
Mr. PCB can you share the part list? so i can start to order them. thank you

so I really want to use the paddle switch, but no experience with square holes. any pointers here before I commit to ordering that faceplate?

Mr. PCB can you share the part list? so i can start to order them. thank you

I'll try to get it posted today or tomorrow.

Can I use L78L15, Silonex 7532 and 7371 lamp for this Vibe?

I used L78L15 because that's what other comparable vibes use. Chuck has mentioned (and is correct) that the 15V supply isn't quite high enough for the 15V regulator to actually do it's job and suggested as 12V regulator instead. (L78L12 would work fine)

I also used the 7371 lamp, but I used LDRs from Tayda for prototyping. The 7532 or 9203 are both most likely better choices.

so I really want to use the paddle switch, but no experience with square holes. any pointers here before I commit to ordering that faceplate?

I drilled all four corners with an 1/8" bit for reference then drilled a 1/2" hole in the center (starting with an 1/8" pilot hole).

Afterwards I squared it up with a square file from Harbor Freight. The whole (hole? :ROFLMAO: ) process took maybe five minutes. I was much easier than I expected.

Besides, with the faceplate it doesn't really matter if your cutout isn't 100% perfect.

@Bricksnbeatles suggested using a coping saw but I think for a hole this size the file works just as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering on the solder side, there are 2 pads labelled 1044. Do we bridge those if we are going to use the MAX1044 or is that for a 1M SMD resistor?

not sure about others but I printed out the picture of the PCB and went one by one writing down the components marking them off as I went
That’s how I did mine. Parts are arriving today, but my PedalPCB order is still in the mail. USA to Canada shipping is going super slow again lately :(

what lamp you used? I'd like to order all the parts from Tayda
I got one of each of the 3 lamps Tayda sells so I could see which one works best, although I don’t expect a big difference. Might build a little lamp tester to see how well each of them glow before my build. Canada Post tells me to expect my PCB to arrive on Wednesday and I’ve only got a half day at work so I’ll probably have it built that evening and maybe an idea of which lamp is best.

If you're talking about the neon lamps from Tayda (SG004, SG013, SG640) they aren't going to work.

Those are 110VAC lamps.
Well, damn. At least I know now and not finding out while I’m building it. Time to hunt around for something that’ll fit the bill! *edit* for any other Canadians in my situation: Digi-Key is where you’ll find them the cheapest. $2ish each plus $8 shipping. Would’ve gone through Smallbear but they didn’t have any of the other items that I want in stock right now.

Last edited:
what voltage does this circuit run on? i want to pick out a PSU, also i just got my voltage regulators i bought 12v and 15v i wasn't sure what would be best . thank you for your help.

i was wondering if you could help me with hooking up the Vibe foot switch PCB to the main PCB . i noticed the vibe foot switch pcb has two more connections than are on the main PCB and i was not sure of the order it gets connected. i appreciate any help on this ,thank you for your time . im really excited to get this thing plugged in.

I'll have a wiring diagram drawn up soon, but in the meantime it's easy enough.

The four center pads connect to the PCB. The pad on the far left goes to the tip of the input jack, the pad on the far right goes to the tip of the output jack. (The same as the standard wiring diagram here)

Back