Electrovibe

Terrific builds on this thread!
For people who have already built an electrovibe: could you point me to the LDRs and Bulb you have used?
I just received my PCB today and I'm in the process of ordering the components, but hadn't any luck finding 9203 or 7532 LDRs anywhere.

Also, would Mouser 560-7371 bulb be correct?

Smallbear has the 9203 ldr and the 7371, that is what i used in both my electrovibe builds

@Big Monk @jjjimi84 thanks both for the replies!
I did forget to mention I'm located in Europe so would like to avoid buying overseas because of duties and long times.
I'll keep these two sources in mind however, If I cannot find anything within shorter reach.

Last edited:
Searching more about Univibe components, I've found this list of compatible LDRs:

ldrs-univibe.png

Some of them are available in Europe through Digi-key. I think I'll try to order some of the following:

Digi-Key CodeManuf. CodeManufacturerDescriptionRise TimeFall TimeMin. Dark ResistanceLight Resistance Min-Max
NSL-6112-NDNSL-6112Advanced PhotonixPHOTOCELL--1,3 MOhms @ 5s0,17 ~ 2kohm a 21 lux
NSL-4960-NDNSL-4960Advanced PhotonixPHOTOCELL--1 MOhms @ 5s0,5 ~ 17kohm a 10 lux
NSL-5152-NDNSL-5152Advanced PhotonixPHOTOCELL CDS 400OHM TO-18--5 MOhms @ 5s10 ~ 20kohm a 21 lux
NSL-5112-NDNSL-5112Advanced PhotonixPHOTOCELL CDS 700OHM TO-18--670 kOhms @ 5s6 ~ 14kohm a 21 lux

Please note that Digi-Key has some LDRs from Advanced Photonix named 9203, but the specs are different from Small-bear or Jameco.

Hope this might help other european members!

Hi everybody,
I’ve finally started putting together the electrovibe pcb. Has someone already located the 47k input resistor that R.G. Keen suggests replacing to increase volume?

I’ve read before in this thread that it should be R4 but resistors are not numbered on the pcb and full docs aren’t available yet.

Thank you!

Hi everybody,
I’ve finally started putting together the electrovibe pcb. Has someone already located the 47k input resistor that R.G. Keen suggests replacing to increase volume?

I’ve read before in this thread that it should be R4 but resistors are not numbered on the pcb and full docs aren’t available yet.

Thank you!
electrovibe_li-jpg.15804

Predrilled Dark Matte Grey Enclosure is in for my Electrovibe:

D0BF618D-62BA-4556-A59C-F6F915B7CED0.jpeg

It is a perfect match for the faceplate. I have the Tayda dimensions if anyone needs them. I just need to enlarge a few holes prior to assembly. The Chorus/Vibrato hole is a touch too small and I need to enlarge the DC Jack, Output jack and LED Bezel holes.

View attachment 16142

It is a perfect match for the faceplate. I have the Tayda dimensions if anyone needs them. I just need to enlarge a few holes prior to assembly. The Chorus/Vibrato hole is a touch too small and I need to enlarge the DC Jack, Output jack and LED Bezel holes.
Tayda dimensions would be cool for sure although I can get them from the drill template.

Anyone have any comments or procedure around tuning the Electrovibe once built? I’m mainly thinking the biasing pot, etc and how to tune the pedal, ideal settings, etc.

And I made a light shield using the cap from an Elmer's glue stick. It has to be trimmed a little to fit inside of the 1590BB2 enclosure I used, but might not need to be if you use a 1590BBS. I painted the inside of the cap with mirror silver paint, and after I get done troubleshooting and tuning, I'm probably going put in in the right spot and then use some double-sided tape on the top of the cap to affix it to the cover of the enclosure when I screw it all together. That way I can easily change the lamp when the time comes.

And I made a light shield using the cap from an Elmer's glue stick. It has to be trimmed a little to fit inside of the 1590BB2 enclosure I used, but might not need to be if you use a 1590BBS. I painted the inside of the cap with mirror silver paint, and after I get done troubleshooting and tuning, I'm probably going put in in the right spot and then use some double-sided tape on the top of the cap to affix it to the cover of the enclosure when I screw it all together. That way I can easily change the lamp when the time comes.

Other than initial tuning, I don’t think you need a permanent light shield.

View attachment 16142

Did you ever happen to post those drill di

View attachment 16142

Did you ever happen to post those tayda drill dimensions?

Back