Electrovibe

Double checked my bom from Mouser and it's the:

M2012TNW01-DC
NKK Rocker Switches
US HTS:8536509065 ECCN:EAR99 COO:CN

I have to admit though that I'm always nervous ordering from Mouser for odd stuff like this cuz I usually goof it up. This one was a winner though.

N
Hey boys and girls,
I just finished my Electovibe 😊 Building was great and it works like expected! 👍
I attach some pictures.
Jimi
Nice build!

I will say though, I believe some members and admins here have shown that the light shield is not really required.

Light shield is nice for the setup but once it's closed up you should be good. Man, that's a great job. I love the red knobs and the way the red/black theme carries over to the inside. Nicely done!

That’s a slick idea. Although, I’m sticking with the breakout board because I’m using pin headers to eliminate the hookup wires and make everything look cleaner.
Noob question: how do you connect the pin headers on the PCB to those on the breakout board?

Noob question: how do you connect the pin headers on the PCB to those on the breakout board?
Well, there’s pins on both sides. So one side goes to the main board and the other to the breakout board.

In my case I’ll break off a 1x3 and 1x4 because I’m running a jumper from the ground pad to my switch for enabling the bi-color LED.

Well, there’s pins on both sides. So one side goes to the main board and the other to the breakout board.

In my case I’ll break off a 1x3 and 1x4 because I’m running a jumper from the ground pad to my switch for enabling the bi-color LED.
So you put the pin headers in the pads on both the PCB and the breakout board but how do you connect the two boards together? Do you use one of those ribbon wires with the white plastic female connector like they use in wah pedals?

As for wiring the bi-color LED I'll have to process it a bit longer haha. If you weren't doing that you would just use two 1x9 headers, right?

So you put the pin headers in the pads on both the PCB and the breakout board but how do you connect the two boards together? Do you use one of those ribbon wires with the white plastic female connector like they use in wah pedals?

As for wiring the bi-color LED I'll have to process it a bit longer haha. If you weren't doing that you would just use two 1x9 headers, right?

They have pins on both sides:

A-5776.jpg

Terrific builds on this thread!
For people who have already built an electrovibe: could you point me to the LDRs and Bulb you have used?
I just received my PCB today and I'm in the process of ordering the components, but hadn't any luck finding 9203 or 7532 LDRs anywhere.

Also, would Mouser 560-7371 bulb be correct?

Jameco has the 9203 LDRs in stock. That’s where I just got mine.

Back