EMU Amp Simulator

Yes, the pin headers elevate the switches so they extend past the faceplate.

You do have to make sure the switches aren't flush against the mini breakout boards since the switch body is conductive metal.

Hey guys, i bought a Emu AMp Simulator PCB, but in PedalPCB website, there isn't schema and hardware list.Were i found it please?

The image of the board shows the parts that you need. There are also a couple of other things that have been mentioned higher up in this thread for the header pins and type of switches you need.

Yes, the pin headers elevate the switches so they extend past the faceplate.

You do have to make sure the switches aren't flush against the mini breakout boards since the switch body is conductive metal.
Getting ready to start this one soon. From what I can tell so far, the header pins attach the break out boards to the main PCB then the switch’s mount to the break out board. You say not to mount switches all the way seated into the break out. How far should I elevate them? Just so there’s a slight gap between board and switch body?

Getting ready to start this one soon. From what I can tell so far, the header pins attach the break out boards to the main PCB then the switch’s mount to the break out board. You say not to mount switches all the way seated into the break out. How far should I elevate them? Just so there’s a slight gap between board and switch body?
I just finished one of these, and how I did was by placing the pcb in the enclosure. And then used pliers to pull up the slide switches up to where I wanted them. Then soldered them through the drill holes.

I just finished one of these, and how I did was by placing the pcb in the enclosure. And then used pliers to pull up the slide switches up to where I wanted them. Then soldered them through the drill holes.
Thanks for the info. I’m sure I’ll figure it out once I start actually test fitting things. Just doing a studying ahead of time. Thanks again

I guess I don't understand how, if you use a header (male pins up) and get the switch linked (male pins down), how they connect. Can someone provide a picture how the switch goes together?

I guess I don't understand how, if you use a header (male pins up) and get the switch linked (male pins down), how they connect. Can someone provide a picture how the switch goes together?
emu-breakout-jpg.2107

Tayda male pin-headers (Short end soldered into the daughterboard pictured above):
A-5775.jpg

JBanks' build gutshot:

30194a3d-dd60-45fe-8feb-0c5b0dbb92dc-jpeg.3124

K Pedals' build:

7c60c85e-5427-4ac0-a5c4-4403dc99794b-jpeg.2152

Chongmagic's build (pic links in thread):

Music6000's drill guide:

emu-mockup-jpg.3199

So I've been thinking I'd do the Tayda drill and UV service for the EMU, and NOT get the faceplate. I wonder if the height of the switch adapters will give me problems.

I recently did the Tayda drill and UV for the below 2 enclosures, they turned out mostly great, made 2 very minor errors that don't matter much.

Attachments

• IMG_4580.jpg
    IMG_4580.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image_50743553.JPG
    image_50743553.JPG
    545.8 KB · Views: 13
Back