Equilux Equalizer

47mH Radial Inductor - PedalPCB.com

Inductor
www.pedalpcb.com
www.pedalpcb.com
I noticed the lead length differences on the inductors. Assuming they have no polarity (in this context)?

Do you mean the graphical representation, or do you have the physical item on hand?

I think the graphical representation on the PPCB page is just a trompe-l'œil

As for the physical item...
I've got the PCB and parts ordered but they haven't arrived yet.
d5fgecu-2b79eeeb-279e-4fc9-9190-3323a07099e8.gif

I'll de'Fur' to @Robert on this.

Actually, I think this is the correct datasheet for the part:

Also, while the pic of the Equilux PCB on the store-page doesn't show polarity, I'm planning on populating mine with the positive leg "up" and shorter negative leg down or southward, as per Robert's usual layout of capacitors with polarity.

I noticed the lead length differences on the inductors. Assuming they have no polarity (in this context)?
It’s my understanding that while inductors are not polarized components, the “start” side of the winding is often marked because in certain types of high-speed digital designs, small differences can be critical and you need the effective portion of the inductor as close as possible to other parts of the circuit for optimal operating— ie; it is more a matter of optimization rather than true polarity, such as how some non-polarized capacitors still have a marking for the size that should be at a lower potential for noise reduction purposes. I also imagine you’d want the coils to be wired for phase coherence if you were to put multiple inductors in parallel, but idk… this is out of the realm of the small signal audio world I’m familiar with. Anyway, yeah it doesn’t matter in this situation at all.

Do you mean the graphical representation, or do you have the physical item on hand?

I think the graphical representation on the PPCB page is just a trompe-l'œil

As for the physical item...
I've got the PCB and parts ordered but they haven't arrived yet.
d5fgecu-2b79eeeb-279e-4fc9-9190-3323a07099e8.gif

I'll de'Fur' to @Robert on this.

Actually, I think this is the correct datasheet for the part:

Also, while the pic of the Equilux PCB on the store-page doesn't show polarity, I'm planning on populating mine with the positive leg "up" and shorter negative leg down or southward, as per Robert's usual layout of capacitors with polarity.
Yeah, the physical inductor has a long and a short lead. Per @Bricksnbeatles above it probably doesn't matter which direction they go in but maybe it couldn't hurt to play it safe and go with your "positive up" approach.

My amp-sifu hipped me to the non-polarised capacitor noise summation, but I confess, I'm popping boards with film caps so the labelling matches the direction of the silk-screen on the PCB. Before that I just made sure they read from left to right and for vertical that they all faced the same way regardless.

Now I'm thinking I should be paying more attention to film-cap's orientation based on the schematic.

Does anyone know where I might source a LND150-N3? I'm digging and digging, theyre out of stock everywhere.
Thanks!

This is beyond the normal pedal request—but with how popular this design is, I can't help but want the other Pultec equalizers. Am lining to this (software) filter version; it does a good job of describing the others.

Back