favorite effects to put together?

I might name this pedal the "robot duck F**ker"
I double dog dare you, if you pull it off cleanly with thought put into construction and aesthetics. (And I want a graphic of a robot doing something terrible to a duck.) then use it in a context of a song or riff that isn’t just a bunch of noise/ nonsense I will not only rethink my opinions on the matter. You will have my respect and admiration. In stead of contempt for suggesting something that offensive to my senses.🤣

Last edited:
I used to build lots of dual pedals for gigging - an OD and delay in one box, or an OD and a booster. A Timbreman and a Red Rooster is a great combo.

But now I'm building 3 in 1s to save on power outlets and patch cables. My current 3 in 1 of choice is a Timbreman with Great Dane in front of it. The Great Dane is my Dane which I added a Bass control to with a modded version of the Booster. If I were to build anther I might replace the Dane's booster with a Red Rooster style booster.

A digitech bad monkey (PPCB Virgil) into a DOD grunge (PPCB butthead) since anything other than robot duck fucking sounds good 🤣. Of course as I type that tongue-in-cheek, that combo probably wouldn’t be terrible since it’s just a TS pushing a higher gain pedal. Meh.

HyperFuzz <--> Parentheses --> Mofeta

Saw a Hyperfuzz into a one knob HM-2 on photos of Thomas V Jäger of Monolord's pedalboard. Haven't tried it myself but his tone is god-tier doom for me.

Green Ringer into any dist/fuzz is also instant doom afaic. Big fan of it into the 2 Sticks of Derm (Mr Black Doomstick), Carbon Black (EQD Black Ash) and lately been playing it a lot through the Creepy Fingers Unidrive adaptation

Some of my favorite combos:
  • Tonebender / Green Ringer
  • Rat / Timmy
  • Rat / Tubescreamer
  • Tubescreamer / Timmy
  • klone / Zendrive
  • Arctic White Fuzz / Honeybee
  • CE-2 / Phase 90
...all with order toggles!

Last edited:
It’s easier to tell you what I don’t like… anything that sounds like a 🤖 that’s banging a 🦆. ie most synths, “octave” fuzzes ( not all,you know the ones I’m talking about ) certain envelope filters, literally every bit crusher I have ever heard and let’s not forget ring mods…. F those things… but everything else you can’t go wrong.
1685042257602.gif

I double dog dare you, if you pull it off cleanly with thought put into construction and aesthetics. (And I want a graphic of a robot doing something terrible to a duck.) then use it in a context of a song or riff that isn’t just a bunch of noise/ nonsense I will not only rethink my opinions on the matter. You will have my respect and admiration. In stead of contempt for suggesting something that offensive to my senses.🤣

Challenge accepted! ..minus the duck and stuff
Earlier this month I created a YouTube channel and learned the basics of video editing for the sole purpose of showing you guys how cool my new ring modulator sounds.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

(build report)

There's certainly some nonsense in the video, but what do you think about the opening riff-doodle?
Musical?
Non-musical?
*Maybe you've seen this already and it's contributed to your thoughts on the matter?? :poop:

cool combo:
Acid Rain> Deflector Reverb > Wavelord Tremolo

how do you do the order toggle?
I use a 3PDT toggle and wire it like this, minus the pole for the LEDs:

1685063299385.png

If you wire it so that Send/Return A is the pedal on the right and Send/Return B is on the left (looking at face of the pedal), the toggle will point to whichever effect is first in line.
The terminology can get confusing, so think of it like this:
  • In = Input jack to order toggle
  • Out = Output jack order toggle
  • Send A = Effect A footswitch input
  • Return A = Effect A footswitch output
  • Send B = Effect B footswitch input
  • Return B = Effect B footswitch output

Here’s a Ra-TS9 with the order toggle:

IMG_6421.jpeg

Last edited:
Challenge accepted! ..minus the duck and stuff
Earlier this month I created a YouTube channel and learned the basics of video editing for the sole purpose of showing you guys how cool my new ring modulator sounds.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

(build report)

There's certainly some nonsense in the video, but what do you think about the opening riff-doodle?
Musical?
Non-musical?
*Maybe you've seen this already and it's contributed to your thoughts on the matter?? :poop:

cool combo:
Acid Rain> Deflector Reverb > Wavelord Tremolo
Although that might be the closest a ring mod has ever come to sounding good to my ears.( great job on the demo by the way!) I am unchanged in my opinion on that abomination of an effect, that said we can still be friends and it’s ok to like different stuff and have different opinions on what sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom