REQUEST Fitting three 6-knob PCBs in a 1590DD?

Tayda's 1590DDs are 188x119x37.5 and their 125Bs are 66x122x39.5, at least going by nominal exterior dims. 6 knob PCBs have a width of 2.25in I think? 3x that, converted to mm should be around 171.45mm; even adding a mm or two for space between them it should still fit.

I started prototyping a template, but it looks like it's gonna be a tight fit and i've only worked with smaller 4 knob PCBs in single enclosures- figured I should at least ask someone who knows what they're doing to look it over. The power jacks look like it's gonna be close.

(edit: see below, this template has issues)

Last edited:
On the insides of a 1590DD enclosure, there are large ribs for the screw wells in the center of the long sides, as in the corners. Take a careful look at the datasheet for the 1590DD enclosure here. In your Tayda drill template, the center stomp and center DC jack will each collide with the center screw well rib. (The screw well ribs in the corners are more easily avoided/managed.)

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 11.09.01 PM.png

Last edited:
Mind you, if you don't mind the tedious mill-work needed to cope with those screw well ribs, the DC jack and center stomp can be made to fit.

You don't need three DC jacks, so choose one off to the side.

As for the stomp switches, I'd recommend raising them enough for the 12mm hole to clear the offending center rob. Maybe 1mm above. On the 3-in-1 DDs I've done, this gives just enough room for the length of most of PedalPCB's offerings. You will need to file or grind away a good portion of the center rib, though. I use a rotary tool for this, and it goes fairly quickly.
If you're not into grinding or filing, you could also use the relay boards- the momentary SPSTs have much narrower bodies, and with the recommend clearance above should just fit with no issue

Edit - My most recent 3-in-1for illustration purposes

You don't need three DC jacks, so choose one off to the side.

As for the stomp switches, I'd recommend raising them enough for the 12mm hole to clear the offending center rob. Maybe 1mm above. On the 3-in-1 DDs I've done, this gives just enough room for the length of most of PedalPCB's offerings. You will need to file or grind away a good portion of the center rib, though. I use a rotary tool for this, and it goes fairly quickly.
If you're not into grinding or filing, you could also use the relay boards- the momentary SPSTs have much narrower bodies, and with the recommend clearance above should just fit with no issue

Edit - My most recent 3-in-1for illustration purposes
Was going to use the separate power jacks for different voltages or passthru, but I'll probably drop the center one for my own sanity lol.

That build picture is really helpful, thanks. Do you think there'd be room to move everything up to make it clear both ribs without milling? TBH I'm thinking of just using 4 switches instead to avoid the headache and using the extra for order switching or something.

Was going to use the separate power jacks for different voltages or passthru, but I'll probably drop the center one for my own sanity lol.

That build picture is really helpful, thanks. Do you think there'd be room to move everything up to make it clear both ribs without milling? TBH I'm thinking of just using 4 switches instead to avoid the headache and using it for order switching or something.

The separate voltages (and pass thru) could be handled internally, of your voltage conversion boards are small enough

Moving the footswitch holes up could work, but you have to take into account the length of some of the boards. Like the center board in the build I linked to- that'd be an extremely tight fit with standard 3pdt switches.

Screenshot_20230321-213215.png

Of course that length could be compensated for by wiring the pots and, shifting the board up, but then you'll have to contend with clearance of the board mounted components and the jacks

Back
Top Bottom