Heterodyne question

ianmarks

Does it gate like the uglyface does when it is not being fed a signal? Mine is not gating and has motorboat/oscillator thing going on with only square and vol turned up. Pretty annoying! SUB does as well but more chirpy instead of full on. Thanks!

Mine only makes noise when the oscillator is turned up (low rumbling noise). I swear the first one I built was dead quiet though in all settings. Maybe it has something to do the quality of the ic's?

Mine too, it makes me angry. I never figured out a way to make it stop. I posted in a few other threads about it. Sagging voltage from a battery made it go away, but I couldn't reproduce that behavior messing with dropping the input voltage with diodes.

This is purely conjecture based upon circumstantial evidence from an unrelated circuit, BUT Mr C Bones mentioned in a thread ab the ample alpaca/red llama circuit that CMOS chips like voltages around 4v max. I have never had reason to measured the voltages in my heterodyne since mine does not exhibit the behavior described, but would be interested to see what they are ESPECIALLY since @flemming said his noise goes away with a voltage sag. Maybe the voltages in the heterodyne need to be lowered

I also found people reporting the same behavior on the pedal directly from EQD. Here are the threads I previously posted in about it.

Thanks for all the info. That is exactly what mine does on the sub mode. I must have a problem somewhere along the 4069 as it sounds like you all dont have it motorboating on square. I will experiment with voltages to see if I can't nix the sub clicking. Will follow up with findings. Thanks again!

So usually I use audio out from my computer in to pedal out to practice amp to test stuff out. It seems a combination of a shoddy ground patch cord in that loop and then noise from single coil guitar when I switch ed to it, kept the gate open. Switched to humbucker and no problem. No tick in sub mode either. I feel a little silly but figured I'd leave this in case someone else runs into the issue.

Back