How do SHARC DSP chips work?

I read somewhere that the Strymon BigSky uses the SHARC DSP chip. I’m wondering if that is a chip that comes preloaded with effects on it by default that we could tap into … or if it is more like a blank programmable chip that can receive and save transferred proprietary code onto it that can then be tapped into. (I’m new to this stuff and trying to understand how it works.)

I read somewhere that the Strymon BigSky uses the SHARC DSP chip. I’m wondering if that is a chip that comes preloaded with effects on it by default that we could tap into … or if it is more like a blank programmable chip that can receive and save transferred proprietary code onto it that can then be tapped into. (I’m new to this stuff and trying to understand how it works.)
SHARC DSP chips do not come with default built-in effects like FV-1, they have to be configured through SigmaStudio, which fortunately has some easy-to-use blocks that you can link up visually similar to SpinCAD for FV-1. But the configuration in the software is still a lot more involved.

Back