Illuminated 3PDT footswitches - no PCB

Yeti_321

Hi all,
I'm going to build some pedals (Parenthesis, Delegate, and Calamity Fuzz) and I've got (single colour) illuminated Footswitches for all of them; mainly because Tayda didn't have the normal switches when I was putting in my order and I was too impatient to wait.

Because I didn't know I was going to get these footswitches (and I ordered my parts after my PCBs), I didn't get the PedalPCB breakout PCBs for the footswitch but I got the ones from Tayda when I placed my parts order; and these have about 3x the holes.

To prevent me wiring it up incorrectly and stuffing up these pedals, I'm thinking of not using these "breakout" boards all together and just wire it up like a standard footswitch.
Now, in order to get the LED ring to work, can I just put a wire from the A/K in the PCBs to the LED "prongs" (or whatever they're called) on the footswitch?

Hi all,
I'm going to build some pedals (Parenthesis, Delegate, and Calamity Fuzz) and I've got (single colour) illuminated Footswitches for all of them; mainly because Tayda didn't have the normal switches when I was putting in my order and I was too impatient to wait.

Because I didn't know I was going to get these footswitches (and I ordered my parts after my PCBs), I didn't get the PedalPCB breakout PCBs for the footswitch but I got the ones from Tayda when I placed my parts order; and these have about 3x the holes.

To prevent me wiring it up incorrectly and stuffing up these pedals, I'm thinking of not using these "breakout" boards all together and just wire it up like a standard footswitch.
Now, in order to get the LED ring to work, can I just put a wire from the A/K in the PCBs to the LED "prongs" (or whatever they're called) on the footswitch?
that should work, I would use a small bit of perf board to make the connections

Back
Top Bottom