DEMO I'm getting an echo...somebody's microphone is on.

This post contains an audio or video demo

Pauleo1214

I have to thank @Mentaltossflycoon for inadvertently broadening my horizons by posting about other PCB vendors. This adventure took me to Parasit Studio. Out of the litany of PLL synthhesizer effects, the Subspace Transmission caught my eye. The circuit is a fuzz that uses an ISD1820 chip that can record up to 20 seconds of playing. You can play back what you record and alter the pitch too!

The concept brought me back to my days as a 10 year old playing with a Yak Bak, except the only thing I ever used it for was to record and play fart sounds. What's more annoying than one Yak Bak? Two Yak Backs! I knew I had to put two of these PCBs in parallel for layered, uninterrupted playback.

I think most everyone here can relate to the hell that is using Zoom (Webex, Teams, Skype, etc.) for online meetings. My pet peeve is when I must communicate, and some dipshit leaves their microphone on, which causes a feedback loop of your own spoken words a second after you speak them. If anyone experienced this before you know it can reduce you to speaking like a Neanderthal. This served as the inspiration for the pedal art.

The demo is nothing fancy, just a bunch of noise.

20221220_221639.jpg

20221220_221708.jpg

Well, I'll just say I love this, 'cause I don't want to appear as "sycophantic" or "obsequious", which I've already done so with many of Pauleo's previous builds.

Rarely is there a build that follows a straight path, there's always some interesting unique "left-toin at Albakoiky". 👏 Bravo.

9781641291095-fullsize-rgb-2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, and it's got cats on it. 😻

Thank you for the kind words all! @Feral Feline , it doesn't have just any cat, it has this cat!

Left turn at Albuqurque sounds like a great name for a pedal by the way.

Hahahahahaha... That makes the pedal even bettererer er.
As if the cat-lawyer wasn't funny enough:

394th Judicial District Court
Recording of this hearing or live stream is prohibited.

Violation may constitute contempt of court and result in a fine of up to $500 and a jail term of up to 180 days.

Best thing ever said to a magistrate:
"I'm here live — that's — I'm not a cat"

What an extremely tolerant judge.

Totally worth the $500 fine, but not sure I'd want to serve any time for a stunt like that.

Agreed that "Left Turn at Albuquerque" would be a great name for a pedal — I look forward to seeing/hearing what you come up with for that. 😸

BTW — It was the judge that posted the clip online.
More specifically, the court's youtube channel. The rollercoaster of emotion in the attorney's voice kills me every time.

Left turn at Albuquerque's offically in the works. I'll post a demo only if you provide sychophantic and obsequious commentary. I need the validation; if not on this forum then in my home! That way when my wife expresses disappointment in me I issue a rebuttal with "Well Feral Feline says..."

Back