In Search Of… (post the obscure parts you need help finding)

Not specific parts, I'm looking for a couple of germanium components with specs that I've had a lot of trouble finding:
  • NPN germanium transistors with low leakage and an hFE over 200. I've got dozens and dozens of NPN germanium transistors from the USSR, Japan, and China, and all of them are in the 30-65 hFE range. Update: I scored some Texas Instruments N-149 transistors (house part number that's equivalent to 2N1308, and they are perfect.
  • Low leakage germanium diodes for clipping diodes in a muff-type circuit. I've tried the Soviet D9x series, D310, D312, and D18, and all of them had equivalent resistance of less than 90kΩ. I'd love to find something with equivalent resistance over 1MΩ or less than 50nA of leakage current.

Last edited:
3080TH? Its for the DeadendFX Atomic Duck PCB. build docs here
Also C10K dual gang pot
I found the C10K dual gang at stompboxparts.com. Can anyone confirm that this 3080AE is an ok sub for 3080TH in the DeadendFX Atpmic Duck?

Wondering if this enclosure exists:

So there's the YY style aluminum enclosure with that sort of big, foot-footprint area and small are for controls at the top. What I'm wondering is if there's a kind of inverse of that (also in a 1590N1/125B width), something with a smaller proportion of the box being the slant. Excuse the hasty photoshop:

5WjbIUD.jpg

so, like a 1590N1/125B with a small percentage slanting downward.

Looking for ideas for cool or unique led bezels. Whatcha got?

I’ve used the ones @jessenator posted. They’re real nice if there’s room for em, or if I remember to adjust the LED location.

If you’re into the plastic fresnel lens ones, the ones from amplified parts are way nicer than the ones I’ve got from other vendors. They also have red ones which weirdly some other places don’t. They do cost a lot more of course.

Not bezels but a way to mix it up is change the diode for something less vanilla.
I dig the 5mm straw hat led i put on a build for a friend around Xmas. Can find my photo... You get the flushness of a 3mm with the 5mm footprint. Flat tops are good for that as well.
Want to try the 8mm hexagonal/diamonds as well as flushmounting some squared LEDs.
A square LED just below the footswitch would be rad, especially on a dark stage(not that I'll be on one on purpose anytime soon)
Toyed with the idea of using a light pipe as well.

Or go with a 20mm LED!

Looking for 4-8x 1N99s for a few period correct Jordan boss tone builds.
Edit, data correction

Last edited:
Back