Informant - no sound

Allthumbs

sadly my Informant build does not work. I need an intro to going through the pedal with a multimeter. Does anyone have a good link that will explain this and teach me how to find my problem? something basic and straight forward for a noob?

Thanks

I found some on operating the MM but none regarding the specifics of going through a circuit. I'll check out the link. thanks. I'm swamped with work lately so I'm neglecting my builds
I find that an audio probe is more useful than a multi meter. I definitely use it more often. You can follow the schematic and test each component and see if there's audio and find the point where it stops. Incidentally there's an audio probe built into the test rig I recommended (I promise Im not being paid to shill it, it's just awesome).

let me know if this shot is useful to anyone. If not I can disconnect a few wires and spread it out. The switch is good, all the components appear to be right. I did remove all but the 2 pins from the jacks as they were switching jacks. All I can think of is I need to re-flow the solder everywhere.
still not quite sure on how to use MM to test things. I'll dive into it when I have some time in a few days. either with an audio probe or current

I appreciate anyone calling out any obvious mistakes I;m not seeing. Still novice but I've had a few successes in the last few months, this one surprised me for not working.

Attachments

• guts 1.jpg
    guts 1.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 50
yes, going to reflow everything this weekend. Also, I've been using this really thin solder, .022" dia. It's good for controlling the amount on the board for resistors and caps but not so great for larger pieces. Also, I think my tip is too hot still, seems to liquefy the solder too fast allowing it to flow through the holes

Can you measure the voltage on Pin 4 and Pin 8 of each TL072?

Set your DMM to DC volts, touch the black lead to your enclosure, red lead to the point you want to measure.

if pins are numbered:
1 8
2 7
3 6
4 5

then 4 reads 0 and 8 reads 19.97

R1 has no current.

On the switch with 3PDT board, only SW has current when off. every other point has none on or off.

Last edited:
Back