Jptr fx Roygbiv

Any idea what could get me close to the sound of this pedal?
I spot 2 pt2399 chips and another one that I can't read clearly

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-03-00-36-50-141_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-03-00-36-50-141_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2024-01-03-00-37-19-296-edit_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-03-00-37-19-296-edit_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 47
Dimension P for the chorus part probably? Some sort of a very simple drive (or just clipping?) circuit to go with it, don't know about the other two (filter or noise).

This is a PT2399 chorus with delay. The 2X 2399s is interesting, maybe one is used for chorus the other for delay?? All the grit and filter stuff are DIY hacks of the 2399. Check out the Little Angel on the DIY forums if you are interested. There are a few PCBs that might get you close, the MBP Florist comes to mind. Or look around for a tag board circuit.

Intresting:
...modulation pedal that combines classic '80s chorus sounds with the typical Lo-Fi aspects of classic tape recorders. Based on a circuit with PT2399 chips, the familiar Speed and Depth controls adjust the speed and depth of the chorus, ranging from subtle shimmer to hypnotic modulation to fast-turning sound tornado. The unconventional filter, noise and grind controls also determine the amount of distortion and noise in the sound, ranging from typical band saturation to massive distortion and fuzz attacks. In addition, the JPTR FX ROYGBIV offers a speed ramp switch that sets the modulation speed of the chorus to its maximum value.

do you have the pedal yourself?

This is a PT2399 chorus with delay. The 2X 2399s is interesting, maybe one is used for chorus the other for delay?? All the grit and filter stuff are DIY hacks of the 2399. Check out the Little Angel on the DIY forums if you are interested. There are a few PCBs that might get you close, the MBP Florist comes to mind. Or look around for a tag board circuit.
The little angel sounds nice.. perhaps adding some clipping for the gritty part and a fx loop footswitch for the noisy wildness and i think i can get something a little close to the jptr one

Thanks for the heads up

Back