Lab Rat build!

drgonzo1969

Is there any chance the Lab Rat could become available as a DIY PCB? This was the first SushiBox project I came across and im not gonna lie. I had a nerd moment where I got so excited that someone was making one with a tube in it.

I have a policy that I don't release DIY projects for pedals that I offer commercially, but I am in the process of phasing Lab Rat out of production due to low customer interest.

I'm not sure how feasible it would be to squeeze it into a 125B due to parts count, it may have to be 1590BB if it were to go through hole. But if enough people are interested I may consider it.

Thats smart business policy. I respect that. I'd be interested in a DIY PCB regardless of enclosure size haha. I have always been a fan of the rat in all of its variants but the lab rat intrigues me more than the others. I'd buy 3 three PCB's even if they cost $40 a piece haha.

Last edited:
maybe with asymmetrical clipping like the EQD Life pedal... just throwing that out there haha. i dont know if that is even possible. But I love that distortion. just throwing that out there

I have a policy that I don't release DIY projects for pedals that I offer commercially, but I am in the process of phasing Lab Rat out of production due to low customer interest.

I'm not sure how feasible it would be to squeeze it into a 125B due to parts count, it may have to be 1590BB if it were to go through hole. But if enough people are interested I may consider it.
Yes please and through hole.
1590BB is just fine.

VADE RETRO 125B fetishism!

Probably enough room there to use 16mm pots. Of course I imagine you could fit 16mm pots in some of the redesigns that use the new perpendicular tube daughter boards.

NOW EVERYONE LEAVE ME ALONE I'M SO BUSY I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS.

352733974_2472770586216012_3339079890635074938_n.jpg

Had to make a few substitutions because I didn't have the right values on hand and couldn't be bothered to make a special tayda order just for this, but everything is close enough. It works, it sounds great. I'll get around to a build doc eventually.

View attachment 50478
Guillermo would like to know when he can build his Lab Rat….
Let Guillermo know that I verified the enclosure layout last night and made up the drill template, I really just needs the assembly pics for the build doc and I'm good to go.

As for actual timing it may be a bit though, as I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday and won't have access to pedal things for 10 days. So please apologize to Guillermo for me and let him know it won't be too long, but it will still be a little bit of a wait.

Let Guillermo know that I verified the enclosure layout last night and made up the drill template, I really just needs the assembly pics for the build doc and I'm good to go.

As for actual timing it may be a bit though, as I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday and won't have access to pedal things for 10 days. So please apologize to Guillermo for me and let him know it won't be too long, but it will still be a little bit of a wait.
IMG_0164.jpeg
Guillermo is grateful for the update and appreciative of your work.

Back