Lab Rat build!

Not an authentic Soldano, it's one I built, but yep 😁 I looked for actual SLO knobs for a while, but decided I liked the look of the red chickenheads better anyway. Just need to convince my wife that the new head deserves a new matching snakeskin cab as well :p
I had a snakeskin astroverb for a while. I hated that amp so much. I ripped off the tolex and stained and varnished the cab wood underneath.

I don’t normally go for snakeskin but it looks good on soldanos
My feelings exactly. I had a friend that had a Fender Hot Rod that he had modded and recovered in snakeskin tolex, and I thought it was the ugliest amp I had ever seen.

But for some reason being on an SLO makes it okay. When I was ordering the cab I was debating between the plain black and the more daring purple, but when I saw the snakeskin something about it just looked right.

I’m still super excited about this one. It’s cool to see people getting theirs. Mine still taking a long way tour around Illinois 🙄. I’m not usually a mojo gal, but this one has a metal can LM301 waiting for it. And I plan to do three-way clipping with an on off on.
I'll be yoinking my mojo chip that @fig sent me that's from the early 80's. My slow loris will sound just fine with an OP07. I mostly prefer the turbo rat sounds so I was thinking of just installing leds and labeling it the "Tubro Rat." We'll see, you've got me thinking an on-off-on could be dandy too.

Back