Let's See Your Amps

Nostradoomus

That’s rad! Building a little 5 watt tube combo is on my to do list for sure. My little Marshall is getting lonely and I love stereo rigs.

coltonius

I'll play! Here's my spread.. I'm a huge Fender fan, if you couldn't tell.

The Big Guns: BF Bassman (AA165) over an open-backed 1x12 with a Celestion Gold and a BF Bandmaster over a 2x10 with G10 Golds.
Big Guns.jpg

Occasionally I swap the Bandy for a Super-Sonic 22 head:
SS22.jpg

And here are my 3 quarantine tweed builds:
Emmy 'Lux
is a 5F11 Vibrolux head
Little Buddy is a 5E3 Deluxe head
Ellie Anne is a 5F2-a with a 10" speaker

5F11 head cab.jpg
Tweed Heads.jpg
Princeton.jpg

cooder

Great idea. I use my own design that combines a parallel triode preamp, LTP phase inverter and a 5E3 tweed style 6V6 output stage. I get a great cranked JTM stack tone at neighbor friendly volumes.

View attachment 7502View attachment 7503

Here's my current rig after moving into my condo. To keep it at bedroom volumes but still pack a good thump, I've ended up with a whacky but effective solution. Amp speaker out > Suhr IR Reactive Load line out > 5 watt SE amp (I also designed) set for very clean to drive the 2x12 closed back speaker cab at practice levels. All pedals are before the amp. I'll include a link to an old You Tube demo I posted years ago when I use to frequent amp builder forums.

View attachment 7504

Phat Ass demo clip:

Scott
Hi Scott! Great to see your amp here, I found the sschematic of your Phat 16 awhile back on the Weber forum I believe and used it to build this one here which has the addition of switchable fx loop and an inbuilt solid state reverb circuit added. The phat cap is a non polarised oil filled filter cap.
Thanks for the inspiration and I dig that amp, thabks for sharing your design!

2204Stuff

Hope this is okay, it does have my amps in it..................
counter clock-wise starting at the bottom right, 5F2a/Combo ~ up-sized caps, Diode/rectifier, 18w Lite IIb/EL84's ~ up-sized caps, Diode/rectifier, 18w Lite IIb with Trainwreck Express Trannies (6v6's) running at 29.8watts, up-sized caps, Diode/rectifier and the JCM800 50w/2204~ish.

Gear_11-2020small.jpg

ScottVA

Hi Scott! Great to see your amp here, I found the sschematic of your Phat 16 awhile back on the Weber forum I believe and used it to build this one here which has the addition of switchable fx loop and an inbuilt solid state reverb circuit added. The phat cap is a non polarised oil filled filter cap.
Thanks for the inspiration and I dig that amp, thabks for sharing your design!
Hey cooder that's awesome! I'm really glad to hear I was able to help inspire another inspiration! I love what you did with that head cabinet!

Scott :)

ScottVA

Hope this is okay, it does have my amps in it..................
counter clock-wise starting at the bottom right, 5F2a/Combo ~ up-sized caps, Diode/rectifier, 18w Lite IIb/EL84's ~ up-sized caps, Diode/rectifier, 18w Lite IIb with Trainwreck Express Trannies (6v6's) running at 29.8watts, up-sized caps, Diode/rectifier and the JCM800 50w/2204~ish.

You sir, have excellent taste!

peccary

Do you all allow bass players in here?

There are some gorgeous amps in here, and I am amazed by the craftsmanship many of you show. Many of these are true works of art!

Looks like y'all like tubes, so I think you'll dig my M/B 400+, even if it wasn't home built!

Hard to see, but that's TWELVE 6L6'S and four 12AX7's! Some people call it one of the greatest bass amps to have ever been made, but I just call it the back breaker.

PXL_20201216_224426946.jpgPXL_20201216_224617228.jpg

Last edited:

Danbieranowski

Recently switched over to the Synergy stuff. Fryette designed 100 watt (single rack unit!) tube power amp, and modular tube preamps. Right now the preamps I have range from low gain (Fender Tweed/Deluxe), to high gain (Friedman HBE), to monstrous (Bogner Uberschall, Engl Savage, Diezel VH4). Absolutely loving this because I get bored of sounds quickly, and this gives me a chance to swap things out with actual company-designed preamps that sound fantastic and give me the feeling of a new or different amp.