Low Tide Modulator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

tenor.gif

I got chips and simply change between them whenever I feel like it. I thought that I would be using mostly the "normal" one after getting bored of the weird sounds of the experimental. Surprisingly I ended up using the experimental multiflange most of the time.
Two thing (and I don't know if it is because I did something wrong) mine is subtle even with feedback maxed and I always get some digital noise from the LFO and the bbd. The last problem can be diminished by adjusting and internal trimpot (although something always remains) and I usually silence it by putting a boost before the flanger.
Which version did you go for?
(I'd like to get both)🥷

Which version did you go for?
(I'd like to get both)🥷
I built the more traditional version but will likely order the multirange version soon. I suggest getting the PCB + ICs combination. If you usually order pots from Tayda for other projects or have an existing inventory you can pass on getting the set of pots for the pedal.

Both the Multirange Flangelicious and FilterFX use the custom TAPFLO chip that has multiple LFO waveforms (including a random one that seems similar to the function in the Low Tide). If you order the FilterFX it is a good value to get the PCB plus vactrols and switches combination.

Is the V3207D can be replaced with the MN3207
online sources suggest they are interchangeable, but there have been reports of bad MN3207s being sold. Probably one of the reasons that the V3207D was put into production.

The Coolaudio V3207 (a replacement for the MN3207) is a low-noise analog delay line capable of delaying an analog signal up to 51.2msec. ......
This device is functionally compatible to the Panasonic MN3207.

muskding: CoolAudio V3207D, 1024 stage low noisde BBD, Analog Delay. Compatible to MN3207.

online sources suggest they are interchangeable, but there have been reports of bad MN3207s being sold. Probably one of the reasons that the V3207D was put into production.

The Coolaudio V3207 (a replacement for the MN3207) is a low-noise analog delay line capable of delaying an analog signal up to 51.2msec. ......
This device is functionally compatible to the Panasonic MN3207.

muskding: CoolAudio V3207D, 1024 stage low noisde BBD, Analog Delay. Compatible to MN3207.
Good to know! I was looking for the Coolaudio one but i ended on ebay with some MN3207. I'll try to find some V3207D that can be shipped to canada...

Retroamplis lists 9 only Shanghai Belling BL3207 available :

What DIP switch is needed for the Low Tide? Does Tayda stock it?
I believe this is the correct one - Tayda

And from Mouser:

My understanding is the dipswitches are as follows:
1. 6 DB Boost
2.. 6 DB Pad and impedance adjustment for line level instruments

This is something I might put on the front panel to switch between guitars and keys on the fly. I'm not sure what the right parts would be for tacking on top-side flip switches. I will have to look into it...

ok is this good for the LM78L05?

i have all the parts , i just need one LM258P, where i can find one?
I believe that the LM358 is a drop-in replacement for the LM258.

I am not sure about the 5 volt regulator -- I think you need one that is the size of a transistor instead of the larger higher-current version..

I believe this is the correct one - Tayda

And from Mouser:

My understanding is the dipswitches are as follows:
1. 6 DB Boost
2.. 6 DB Pad and impedance adjustment for line level instruments

This is something I might put on the front panel to switch between guitars and keys on the fly. I'm not sure what the right parts would be for tacking on top-side flip switches. I will have to look into it...
Looking at the image of the PCB, there are 4 holes for a BOOST and PAD switch. I don't see a part like that at Tayda. Mouser probably has what is needed, but I imagine we can jumper the pins on the PCB to use with a guitar and other pedals (or use wires to connect to whatever kind of switch(es) you want to mount externally.

The board also looks like it may have an optional SMD mount for the J201.

So, starting to gather parts for this pedal. Looking at the parts list, I can find j201 through hole, albeit a little expensive from stewmac. But for the 2SK208-y it says you can also use a j201. I don't know enough to know if that will make a difference in the sound or not. Totally willing to try smd soldering if the 2sk208 will make a big difference in the circuit.

Looking at the image of the PCB, there are 4 holes for a BOOST and PAD switch. I don't see a part like that at Tayda. Mouser probably has what is needed, but I imagine we can jumper the pins on the PCB to use with a guitar and other pedals (or use wires to connect to whatever kind of switch(es) you want to mount externally.

The board also looks like it may have an optional SMD mount for the J201.
The picture is generic for all the parts of that model. The one with 2 dip switches will have four pins. I just confirmed it in the datasheet to make sure.

Back