Low Tide MPC602 opamp substitution?

Dan

Just finishing a Low tide; Forgot a few part as usual. Anybody know if there Ia sub for the MPC602 opamp?

Last edited:
Thanks,
I sometimes wonder why certain components are picked over others.
I think @Robert usually references the original parts, if they are still available. With the original pedals, it really depends on who the maker was—very often, it's whatever was be least expensive, even if it's just a matter of pennies. Certainly with something like the wild number of Muff variations, cost was a major factor. With ICs, its worth buying a few of the SM to through hole adaptor boards, and learning to work with the tiny buggers, since finding many of the "old standard" op amps as plug ins is getting harder.

Thanks for that info. It makes sense.
I noticed when checking the spec sheets between the LM258 and 358 that the 358 handles higher temps and voltages etc although it is basically the same. That choice was because of cost. The MPC602 supposedly did a good job of getting close to the rails according to a post I read somewhere. So I always wonder if that little difference is going to make a difference in performance…

I just soldered my first smd j201s to this low tide and it wasn’t that difficult. Just don’t drop one into the carpet. I think I’ll take your advise and get some adaptors. My fiancé has been an electronics assembler for 22 years. Talk about a solder soldier. And a show off.

Back