Missing Build Docs / Schematics

I cannot argue. This one, however, must make up the entirety of that remaining 2% all by itself.

I think I was like 1/2 way through when I finally said f**k it and tossed it back in the box. One day I'll drag it back out, but not today.

I cannot argue. This one, however, must make up the entirety of that remaining 2% all by itself.

I think I was like 1/2 way through when I finally said f**k it and tossed it back in the box. One day I'll drag it back out, but not today.
What’s the circuit topology, at a high level?

It's hard to say since the schematic is still incomplete.

There are definitely 1176 elements in there, but I don't think it's a component for component clone by any means.

This really is one of those times where you'd have to really want to build this for the experience for it to make sense... If you just want the pedal you should probably just buy one. It's two stacked boards slam packed with SMD components on both sides.

At best, a through hole version would have to be much larger than the original pedal and there are a lot of components in there. I'm at 224 components with plenty more to go.

It's hard to say since the schematic is still incomplete.

There are definitely 1176 elements in there, but I don't think it's a component for component clone by any means.

This really is one of those times where you'd have to really want to build this for the experience for it to make sense... If you just want the pedal you should probably just buy one. It's two stacked boards slam packed with SMD components on both sides.

At best, a through hole version would have to be much larger than the original pedal and there are a lot of components in there. I'm at 224 components with plenty more to go.
For me, this is definitely a case where it makes a lot more sense to buy one. I just got a Magma57 and it's flat out amazing. It made me drop all plans to design a vibrato pedal because I've got something better than I could make for $300.

If it were a rare, out of production pedal, that's kind of a different story.

I didn't start tracing the Cali76 with the intentions of cloning it, I had seen pictures and I knew what I was getting into.

What I wanted to see is how they adapted the circuit to work on 9V and what components they used... The answer I got was a lot more complicated than I had hoped, which is why it went back into the box for now. Realistically there are much better things to spend that time on right now.

I still want to do an 1176 style compressor (don't mention the Nyle, it is not), but a Cali clone isn't likely to happen any time soon.

Have you got the document for the super flare ,it is the only Pedal pcb project that has failed to work ,but far too many projects like this one without documents ,coming soon..................................................

For me, this is definitely a case where it makes a lot more sense to buy one. I just got a Magma57 and it's flat out amazing. It made me drop all plans to design a vibrato pedal because I've got something better than I could make for $300.

If it were a rare, out of production pedal, that's kind of a different story.
I feel the same way about the custom Revival Drive. I haven’t even cracked it open to take a peek. I’ve been on a self education jam, building many of the “overachiever” boosts and ODs (just planning the Snouse now) only to typically be able to dial in a similar, but better sounding to me, tone ,with the Revival. I can’t help but be super impressed with Origin’s design team. For my use, the Effectrode L1-A1 pushed the Cali off my board, but the Cali is also pretty darn impressive.

@PedalPCB Do you have a schematic for the large protoboard?

Right now I don't have voltage regulators--I want to see if I can wire it up without them and still get the 9V. Or do I need to jumper stuff?

The red/green LEDs are standard brightness diffused LEDs. They're used as clipping diodes so aren't intended to be visible externally.

I'll get the rest of the info up for you shortly.
Thank you for the bit of info on the LEDs. I figured as much just with the way the tracing was on the PCB. Any word on the build documents for it and the Cannon Fodder MKII?

Thanks!

Is a build doc for the Low Tide Mini in the works? I'd absolutely LOVE to build one of these, but I've never built a pedal with stacked boards, and considering that the components seem quite difficult to source for the large version, I'd hate to track everything down and then have parts not fit.

Working on the Double Entendre currently. Looks like the drill template is a bit off...

354D1627-4688-4A36-8D7F-F0D681753244.jpeg

The pot legs and the pot holes are off by about 5mm. The LED hole is also a bit off as well. The hole is too far away from the PCB for the LED legs to reach...

Could I bother you for a drill template for a Celsius preamp? I’ve got a 125b drill template but that dang switch just doesn’t line up with the guide holes and I’m terrible at figuring out where stuff goes.

Back