SOLVED Mofeta bass and treble do nothing

frustrated

This is the second one I built, first one was perfect. My buddy liked it so much he asked me to build him one. It sounds good except the bass and treble controls do absolutely nothing. They 100% work on my first one. Measured the pots, they are working fine, I don't see any incorrect resistors, pretty sure the caps were all correct, some of them the markings are obscured by other components. Where should I look around? What went wrong?

Please and thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20230611_164524048.jpg
    PXL_20230611_164524048.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Can you verify the connections to the MID pot too? I’m really not sure what to tell you if all values and connections are verified.

Are all pot values correct? Are all traces verified?

You’re describing a situation where the BASS and TREBLE pots are being bypassed and the MIDS pots is behaving as a low pass filter.
Ahhh I don't know how I didn't notice it before but I had the 25k in the 250k spot and vice versa. I could've sworn I checked that. Man that was stupid. I swapped them, now it looks like they're working. Thanks guys, as usual, user error.
Take note of benny_profane question highlighted above.
All the Pictures you gave didn't show one pot value & that is why the question was asked!
It would have been solved right there & then.
''Pictures are worth a Thousand Words''

Cheers music6000

Any updates?
Now I'm working on a separate issue. The pedal was working fine for a short amount of time but then started cutting out and the switch was doing nothing. Long story short it's a relay switch I'm using for the bypass and the voltage regulator on it is bad so I'm waiting for replacement. But on and working it sounds great.

Back