SOLVED Muffin Fuzz Hum

DeadAirMD

Built the Stomp '75 version and it sounds incredible......well mostly. Everything works with the pedal, but there is a constant consistent very loud hum. It goes away completely when I turn my guitar volume to 0. Is this a grounding issue? Never had anything like this happen with any of my builds.

I've already reflowed all solder, replaced foot switch, replaced transistors. Kinda at a loss here.

Can you post some images and what ps are you using
What do you mean by "ps"?

I really appreciate you guys checking in. The board is at my studio and I won't get back in there until after work tomorrow. I'll take some photos and video then. Just never had a pedal that had it's issues relieved when I turned down the guitar volume, the noise issues always persisted regardless of guitar volume. Tried different guitars, so it's definitely the pedal.

@Coda I hear ya, I've had some noisy pedals before, but this is different. Something is wrong for sure. Considering getting another board with my next order and starting over if I can figure this out. Bummer since the Stomp 75 sounds perfect to my ears.

I put in BC239B to start, thought it might be the trannies, switched to the recommended 2N5088, same problem, just different tone in the constant noise.

Maybe there’s a ground missing, as stated above? Set your DMM to test continuity, and place the black/negative probe on the negative lug of the 9v Jack. The the red/positive probe, test all the major ground connections: jacks, footswitch, enclosure. If all is good there, it may be a solder bridge or some thing like that…

Whenever I play my BMP my amp always makes extra noise…usually cries of anguished euphoria, as the tones brought by the Big Muff are both epically brutal and cherubic…

What do you mean by "ps"?

I really appreciate you guys checking in. The board is at my studio and I won't get back in there until after work tomorrow. I'll take some photos and video then. Just never had a pedal that had it's issues relieved when I turned down the guitar volume, the noise issues always persisted regardless of guitar volume. Tried different guitars, so it's definitely the pedal.

@Coda I hear ya, I've had some noisy pedals before, but this is different. Something is wrong for sure. Considering getting another board with my next order and starting over if I can figure this out. Bummer since the Stomp 75 sounds perfect to my ears.
Power supply

The colors are flipped for the 9v. Blue was supposed to be ground, didn't feel like desoldering. Also haven't put in an LED yet.

Plugged it in today and it's even worse than before, if that's even possible. It's morphed into this constant devilish loud hum. Built almost 30 pedals and this is the 1st that's given me problems. I'm almost convinced it's a ground issue. Thinking about removing all off board stuff and starting that over with new wires/parts. Could a bad pot cause an issue like this?

Well, this was the 1st pcb I've ever built where it 100% needed to be in an enclosure. 20+ pedals I've built, I tested outside of an enclosure with zero issues, the Muffin Fuzz was the 1st. Boxed it up after work today and the insanely loud constant hum is completely gone. The pedal is dead silent unless I'm playing. Crazy. Now time for endless mods/transistor swapping

The input jack wiring looks incorrect and different to how you wired the output jack.
Oh yeah.......and that too haha. Very bizarre, was able to get a signal through it, it distorted, but there was this terrible noise (when plugged into my Crate GX-15 test amp). Zero signal when plugged into my HRD.

Back