Ocelot Octaver- the dark horse

Synchrony Pedalworks

I wanted to share this pedal. I think a lot of people would enjoy it, but ignore it due to the lack of glamor of an octave pedal. I built the Octa Mayer. I like it but I needed more bass, kind of like needing “more cowbell!” I was fortunate to sell the Octa Mayer for cost and get the parts for this bad boy. Pair this pedal in front of any fuzz or overdrive and you have a nasty beast; and I mean a glorious, nasty beast. The kind of nasty that makes you scrunch your nose when saying the word.

I think the pedal is intermediate is skill, but quite doable. The parts were a little difficult to acquire and required parts from two suppliers. The cost is not extraordinary and well worth it. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 4C0BBEA7-C832-45C7-BB99-E2D4EAA16E70.jpeg
    4C0BBEA7-C832-45C7-BB99-E2D4EAA16E70.jpeg
    488.8 KB · Views: 56
  • E707176C-1C7A-4DCF-930E-FA7ABE34FBC2.jpeg
    E707176C-1C7A-4DCF-930E-FA7ABE34FBC2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
I was using an octave pedal in my last band, so I've got a board for this one. I want to put everything I was using with it in one enclosure even though I'm not sure if that band is gonna do anything anymore

I wanted to share this pedal. I think a lot of people would enjoy it, but ignore it due to the lack of glamor of an octave pedal. I built the Octa Mayer. I like it but I needed more bass, kind of like needing “more cowbell!” I was fortunate to sell the Octa Mayer for cost and get the parts for this bad boy. Pair this pedal in front of any fuzz or overdrive and you have a nasty beast; and I mean a glorious, nasty beast. The kind of nasty that makes you scrunch your nose when saying the word.

I think the pedal is intermediate is skill, but quite doable. The parts were a little difficult to acquire and required parts from two suppliers. The cost is not extraordinary and well worth it. Enjoy.
What color is that enclosure? Is that the Tayda Glimmer Brown Sugar? I just placed a Tayda order for some enclosures and got this color in 1590B, 125B and 1590BB. Kinda hard to tell what it looks like exactly on the Tayda site. Nice build!

Excellent! What parts did you have trouble finding?
I should clarify the statement about trouble finding parts. The 2SK30 transistors were hard to find, but only hard due to Tayda’s website. Fortunately, this forum pointed me in the right direction. I really appreciate the forum.

What color is that enclosure? Is that the Tayda Glimmer Brown Sugar? I just placed a Tayda order for some enclosures and got this color in 1590B, 125B and 1590BB. Kinda hard to tell what it looks like exactly on the Tayda site. Nice build!
Yes. It is Glimmer Brown Sugar and perfect to emulate the Boss’ octave pedal. I used this color for an EMU amp simulator build and it looks great too.

*scrunches nose* "NASTY build! (nasty in totally good way).

Thanks for the info about sourcing etc, not many people comment on that aspect in their build reports, and often beginner/intermediate/advanced levels are left undiscussed, too.

As Mentaltossflycoon mentioned, this baybee's de rigueur in bass rigs.

Cool! Great job.
I just started my build of this tonight. Glad you love it, looking forward to letting it rip.

The OC-2/ocelot rules on bass! Nice looking build! has me thinking I might rehouse mine in that nice tasty color since it is currently in a bare enclosure. Much nicer than the 💩brown of the original.

Back