ONLY works when plugged into 1-Spot Current Reader/Cable Tester

Mr. Strypes

This is a weird one, and I can't find the information I'm looking for anywhere. I built an Oasis (Dunes) pedal. It only turns on when it's plugged into my 1 Spot Current Reader/Cable Tester. I put it on my board, which uses isolated power (Truetone 1 SPOT PRO CS12 12-output Isolated Guitar Pedal Power Supply), and it didn't power up. Then I tried it by itself using a 1 Spot 9v. Still, it didnt power up. I put it back on the 1 Spot Current Reader/Cable Tester, and voila, like magic, it turns on.
One more quirk: It only works if a cable is plugged into the input jack. (Of course, I did this with my other experiments, but it only powered up with the 1 Spot Cable Tester/Current Reader.)

Ground issue?
By not working, do you mean doesn't turn on, doesn't pass audio, passes noise?
Thanks for replying!
It only passes audio when in bypass. When the pedal is "on", it doesn’t light up or pass audio, except for when I plug it into the 1 Spot Cable Tester/CurrentReader. I thought it might be a ground issue, but I can't find any place where that might be occurring. And why would it only work with one 9v supply and not any others? Weird!

Are you getting a good ground? Check that the inside of the enclosure has continuity with the negative power lug, as well as the ground on the jacks.

Back