Paragon - "Euphonious Rex"

GenoBluzGtr

I finally got around to building one of these (I've had several boards for some time now, but kept putting off sourcing the hard-to-find parts.

I'm really impressed with the tone of this build - I've played KoTs before (my band mate has 3 of them!), but never appreciated the tone until now. I built this one with a "high gain" option on Channel 2, and with the presence Trim pots and the dip switch, it's pretty versatile. I was also able to find all the diodes, etc, as called for in the original version, for his build except the prescribed ICs (4580s), I used NE5532s instead (for now - I've actually found some 4580s and they're enroute, so I will do a comparison when they arrive).

YouTube Demo here:

EuphoniousRex_Top.jpg

EuphoniousRex_Oblique.jpg

EuphoniousRex_Inside.jpg

I finally got around to building one of these (I've had several boards for some time now, but kept putting off sourcing the hard-to-find parts.

I'm really impressed with the tone of this build - I've played KoTs before (my band mate has 3 of them!), but never appreciated the tone until now. I built this one with a "high gain" option on Channel 2, and with the presence Trim pots and the dip switch, it's pretty versatile. I was also able to find all the diodes, etc, as called for in the original version, for his build except the prescribed ICs (4580s), I used NE5532s instead (for now - I've actually found some 4580s and they're enroute, so I will do a comparison when they arrive).

YouTube Demo here:

View attachment 5730

View attachment 5731

View attachment 5732

Hate to resurrect this thread, but I am building this and only have NE5532's (don't have 4580D's). Did you ever compare the two? Any difference worth pursuing?

Back