Parenthesis Octave LED

mekrob69

Good morning,
I finished my parenthesis last night and boxed it up this morning, and have to say I am so happy with how it turned out!. Everything works and sounds amazing, the only issue is the octave LED doesn’t turn off. The middle foot switch still turns the octave on and off, but the LED remains on the entire time.

Thank you for any help and Happy Memorial Day,
Drew

Attachments

• 5F134097-5A60-489D-AC0E-DC4DE1AE012F.jpeg
    5F134097-5A60-489D-AC0E-DC4DE1AE012F.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 26
  • D1907962-A41D-4C3A-A6EB-296C4E4C46AA.jpeg
    D1907962-A41D-4C3A-A6EB-296C4E4C46AA.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 26
If that doesn’t work you can always try moving the two wires over to the middle lugs to see if it’s a foot switch issue. The entire middle row isn’t used on this switch

Also check to see if the cathode wire is grounding against the led holder, or a stray wire strand, or a blob of solder, etc.

The switch should be breaking the cathode ground connection to turn it off. So my guess is the switch is broken and ON all the time, or the led is grounded on some other path.

Disconnect the two wires on the right column of the octave footswitch.

If the LED goes out the problem is most likely the footswitch. You should be able to switch the LED on and off by connecting those two wires together. In this case you can move the two wires over to the middle column like @carlinb17 suggested, or replace the footswitch.

If the LED does not go out the problem is a connection issue (solder splash, short) around the octave footswitch pads of the main PCB like @Dan M suggested. In this case you'll have to visually inspect for wire strands or other shorts.

Back