PCB's for Chorus? with chips that are easy to find?

swelchy

looking to build a chorus for a friend.. any that have an easy to locate parts list?

I don't have a PT2399 chorus right now. I actually didn't think those were all that great so I've avoided them.... maybe I'm wrong? :ROFLMAO:

I'd definitely recommend the Caesar if Cabintech has the BBDs in stock.

I'm not really blown away by FV-1 modulation unless it's some sort of complex special effect... Chorus, phase, and flange should be left to analog circuits in my opinion. The Unison, however, is a pretty cool chorus-like effect without the LFO sweep, but probably not what your friend is looking for if he asked for a chorus.

I don't have a PT2399 chorus right now. I actually didn't think those were all that great so I've avoided them.... maybe I'm wrong? :ROFLMAO:

I'd definitely recommend the Caesar if Cabintech has the BBDs in stock.

I'm not really blown away by FV-1 modulation unless it's some sort of complex special effect... Chorus, phase, and flange should be left to analog circuits in my opinion. The Unison, however, is a pretty cool chorus-like effect without the LFO sweep, but probably not what your friend is looking for if he asked for a chorus.
I’ve been able to get a few chorus type sounds out of the rainbow machine

Yep, I think that's one of the things that made it popular.

I should put together a Rainbow Chorus algorithm for the EEPROM Builder....
Just copy the available source code from the internal fv-1 patch that the rainbow machine uses?

I think the one patch on the unison double tracker basically does this (detuned chorus without warble). Maybe not quite as warm as an analog chorus but I find it to be a nice effect which can be subtle

It's just a pitch shift, the delay is a side effect of the latency.

I actually have a Leprechaun "Gold" edition (somewhere) that has synchronized arpeggios instead of the simple chromatic shift.

You don't like chorus and you don't like delays, what is your thing?

I'll admit, I'm not a huge chorus user (unless I'm playing clean, which I rarely do) and BBD delays really don't blow me away. :ROFLMAO:
I like amp distortion, tape effects, fuzz, or blown out and ragged sounds

Cool I think I’m going to try the Ceaser if he lets me know for sure he wants to commit to buying parts for him!

Isn't the Sea Horse a pt2399 based chorus?

You know, I guess it is. Totally forgot about that one. :ROFLMAO:

I tend to put it in the same category as the Dark Rift Delay since the circuits are so similar.

Back