PEDAL PCB LAYOUT AND TAYDA UV PRINT LAYOUT DOESN'T MATCH

AubreySound

Question about the UV printing from Tayda.
I'm looking to build a Ceasar from Pedal PCB..
I've placed PPCBs template over the Tayda one, and they're a little off from each other. Tayda measures out at 62 x 117mm while PPCB is 64 x 118.5mm
My concerns are twofold, one, properly sizing out my graphics so nothing is cut off, and two, the drilling lining up as the pots are connected to the PCB and that leaves no room for error (I'll be having Tayda drill as well)
How have you dealt with this??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.10.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.10.23 PM.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: fig
Question about the UV printing from Tayda.
I'm looking to build a Ceasar from Pedal PCB..
I've placed PPCBs template over the Tayda one, and they're a little off from each other. Tayda measures out at 62 x 117mm while PPCB is 64 x 118.5mm
My concerns are twofold, one, properly sizing out my graphics so nothing is cut off, and two, the drilling lining up as the pots are connected to the PCB and that leaves no room for error (I'll be having Tayda drill as well)
How have you dealt with this??
You have to think of it from center out. If Tayda will be doing your prints and drilling, use their template and just import the PPCB's POTs/drill markings only. As long as the center point matches between PPCB and Tayda, you should be fine. If you want to be anal, feel free to create rough geometry of the components to scale to make sure it fits properly.

So the width is off by 2mm and height even less.1mm is a a hair more than 1/32nd of an inch. Worst case you might have to ream a hole or two. Keep everything centered,The pots have a little give so you can bend them a round a tiny bit. You should be just fine.

You'd also have to take the thickness of the enclosure walls (around 2mm) and the diagonal corner screw holes into consideration

Get a pot hole or top mounted jack too close to those for example and it ain't gonna fit

That's why there may be a slight difference as everybody says it should fit just fine if it doesn't, get into them

Back