PedalPCB 5-Loop True Bypass Switcher

Like when you’re gigging? That’s more what I was making reference to.

I have to agree with @benny_profane in the sense that when I had the Joyo PXL8 Pro, the advantage of footswitch programming vs. menu programming was that you could on the fly save presets to banks at great speed using your feet.

I have to agree with @benny_profane in the sense that when I had the Joyo PXL8 Pro, the advantage of footswitch programming vs. menu programming was that you could on the fly save presets to banks at great speed using your feet.
I meant more like while you’re on stage. Otherwise, yes it’s all basically on the fly.

I'm fairly certain there's still a microcontroller in the Carl Martin... Analog radio button switching would involve more circuitry than it's worth when it can be done with a single IC and some pull-up resistors.

Absolutely.

I misspoke I think. I think I meant to say that footswitch programming is preferable almost universally for me rather than dip switches.

I think the dipswitches are pretty cool, but it would definitely not be the only (or primary) switcher project available.
The only time I’d want DIP switches would be for things that I’d configure while wiring up the board. I wouldn’t want to rely on them for determining loops. (But I’ve already expressed interest in an Arduino looper so you know where I’m at.)

Late to the party here but I’ve been waiting for this for so long! I’ll be thankful for anything @Robert comes up with! Really liking the discussion and plans I’ve read so far. I’m redoing my entire board around my HX Effects and a relay controlled 5 loop switcher was on my to do list but I was gonna hack it together now I get tuner out, relay switching and maybe programmable banks?!

I attached a representative board layout (outcome not final). If we somehow got a midi version whether this one or a different version I’d love to control from the HX Effects. Either way stoked!

Attachments

• 0D97453D-1125-40EA-808A-84FD77053A63.png
    0D97453D-1125-40EA-808A-84FD77053A63.png
    1 MB · Views: 24
I think the easiest method would probably be the ability to switch between groups with dip switches ala Carl Martin but also, if possible, have a toggle switch that allows you to switch to live mode where you’re allowed turn any one, two however many pedals on like it’s a standard bypass strip.

Buffered at front or end preferably. What I’ve always imagined but I’m not smart enough is how one could something like this a module. Where you could buy 3 or however many banks at a time and add as you go.

That’s a pretty reasonable price for what it is. I mean the Boss one is cheaper but I don’t think you can skip the buffers (I’m not sure about that actually). If this is closer to GigRig it’s a good deal.

It begs the question though: Do we really need something like this?

I’m NEVER going to play on stage where I’d need this. It certainly would not stop me from getting one, because I think preset capable switching is fucking awesome, but I’d surely have no practical use for it. And the cabling and connectors alone would probably cost close to $200.

Super fucking cool.

Not at all practical. And that’s fine too.

I’m NEVER going to play on stage where I’d need this. It certainly would not stop me from getting one, because I think preset capable switching is fucking awesome, but I’d surely have no practical use for it. And the cabling and connectors alone would probably cost close to $200.

Super fucking cool.

Truth. I built one from BYOC. It looks sharp just sitting there not being used. I can’t wait for this one.

I want to see how they're handling the effects order switching...

I drew up a relay matrix a while back that could do it, but it involved a lot of relays.

I suppose you could combine solid state routing along with mechanical relays to swap order while maintaining true-bypass without 50 relays...

Sh

I drew up a relay matrix a while back that could do it, but it involved a lot of relays.

I suppose you could combine solid state routing along with mechanical relays to swap order while maintaining true-bypass without 50 relays...
Sheeeeit, how big is this switcher??

Super fucking cool.

Yeah that’s fair. And the main reason why I never considered one. I think it’s useful for working musicians, especially for cover bands with a large repertoire. There was this cover band when I lived in PA called Velveeta and I think the guitarist could have used something like this!

The boss one adds the parallel option too.

Back