Pendulum Harmonic Tremolo - anything like Supro 1310?

lcipher3

Go the bug for a tremolo... I don't have a harmonic trem, does the Pendulum sound anything like the Supro?

found a cool link with
  1. PedalPCB Pendulum
  2. Zepplin Labs Quaverato
  3. BYOC Brown Face Harmonic Tremolo
  4. 1776 Effects Carindal Tremolo V2
  5. Surfy Industries SurfyTrem

I think the pendulum sounded awesome! Going to order one and give it a try.

Opinions on the mods from anyone?:
  • replace C50 with C100K
  • change volume to audio taper and or reduce vol range

Last edited:
I build a stock one and think it sounds great. One mod I wish I did was to slow the max rate. I never get anywhere near the upper end of the speed range.

I build a stock one and think it sounds great. One mod I wish I did was to slow the max rate. I never get anywhere near the upper end of the speed range.
I thought the C100K vs 50K was supposed to give you more "low speed" range - I too wouldn't care for the super fast range
Volume - not sure. The two reviews on the Pendulum seem to contradict whether the vol range is too much (high) or just right

btw - anyone know if the KE-10720 (tayda) work just as good as the GL5516 LDR?

Last edited:
A100K for volume isn't a bad idea... You'll have more control at lower levels but the same amount of volume on tap if you decide you need it.

The resistance of the LDRs will factor in to how much gain the volume control is capable of.

I used KE-10720 for both the single and dual prototypes and it worked perfectly fine.

A100K for volume isn't a bad idea... You'll have more control at lower levels but the same amount of volume on tap if you decide you need it.
The resistance of the LDRs will factor in to how much gain the volume control is capable of.
I used KE-10720 for both the single and dual prototypes and it worked perfectly fine.

Great - I'll screen a few of the LDRs to taste. I take it you just used the 3mm tayda diffuse LED (as specified on the build doc)? Covered or uncovered?

I looked at a lot of the harmonic tremolo projects / pcbs etc. The Pendulum looks like a great balance: not too complicated (three knobs), great smooth sounding, great board layout, common available parts etc. Excited to build it.

Back