Poison Apple Diode reversed?

BADSANTA

Poison Apple Auto-Wah is my third pedal. After hooking up the battery, IC4 (L78L05) blew out. Measuring voltage on pins one and three of the Ic4, I have about 8v. Pin one should have 5v coming out of it. Looking at the schematic, D4 (1n4004) would have 9v landing on pin one. I looks like D4 is reversed in the schematic and the PCB board. Am I wrong here? New to this game. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20231111_233643.jpg
    20231111_233643.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Solution
I looks like D4 is reversed in the schematic and the PCB board. Am I wrong here?

🤦‍♂️

You are absolutely right. Install it backwards or omit it, it'll work perfectly fine without the diode.

This is why I dislike using internet sourced schematics.... I've already corrected a handful of errors from the schematic that was originally used, but somehow managed to miss this one.

Snow.png
I looks like D4 is reversed in the schematic and the PCB board. Am I wrong here?

🤦‍♂️

You are absolutely right. Install it backwards or omit it, it'll work perfectly fine without the diode.

This is why I dislike using internet sourced schematics.... I've already corrected a handful of errors from the schematic that was originally used, but somehow managed to miss this one.

Snow.png

Solution
Thanks Robert and everyone else for the input. I thought I was going crazy.

"BUT THE SOLDERING" lol I did have the temp up to high, about 400. Also I need some smaller Cap's.

Back