Random pix

Ha ha ha ha. Back in the day, Sacred Cove was the local illegal nude beach. The cops rarely visited there because the only ways in were that trail or swimming around either of the the points. The Sacred Cove trail is completely exposed and anyone coming in can be spotted long before they arrive at the beach. It was a very cool place and everyone behaved themselves. These days almost no one goes there, not sure why. Now it's part of a nature preserve. I took my kids to the tide pools there around 2010 so my daughter could collect crab specimens for a marine bio project.

Nice view of Catalina from the road. It's about 22 mi away.

The homes in my neighborhood all had septic tanks when they were built in 1947. In the 50's, the city installed a sewer system. The old septic systems were simply abandoned in place. When my neighbor remodeled his house, adding another 2500 sqft or so in the back, the contractor had to dig up the ancient septic tank, which looked like a concrete coffin. There are still neighborhoods in the area with septic systems. Because the bottom floor of my house is below the street grade, my sewer has a check valve in it to prevent a backed-up main sewer from flooding my downstairs.

Might explain why they were so successful at eluding capture here in Toronto back in 2016

Speaking of septic tanks (well you were last Sunday...) when I was a kid I was the lawn mower guy. We were living in a rental on a huge block with a lot of lawn. Out front there was a septic tank and the grass always grew crazy long over it. It was long enough that I hated having to mow it - I could imagine snakes coming out of it.

I feel like I was slave labour to my folks when I was a kid. I had an older brother but he always had his head in a book and anyway he couldn't be trusted to do a good job of anything. So I got to do all the heavy lifting in my house. Nothing has changed.

BTW I'll see if I can get any pics from my son's girlfriend's recent trip to Namibia. She's a vet science student and volunteered to help out at a wildlife reserve. She got to feed baby black rhinos and various antelopes, take all the vital stats on a cheetah, give a fully grown wild lion a vitamin injection, see a big male leopard eating a wildebeest from about 3 metres away, film a young wild lion and his sister walking across a road right in front of her, see rhinos fighting at a water hole while spotted hyaena strolled past... She had the absolute time of her life. She showed us her iphone video where she has a baby baboon sitting on her shoulder when an older baboon objected and attacked her from behind and dragged her to the ground by her hair. The video is remarkable! She was fine and found it all funny, fortunately. Adventures of a lifetime.

:unsure:

rBVaVl7XcnOANa4nADpv3NwwRlI721.jpg

Saw this and decided I've had enough internet for now..

Back