Sanguine finally done

sergio

It's been more then 1 year since I ordered the sanguine pcb. But finally finished today! Great sound!
Just one question the switch in the middle position should turn the sound off?

Attachments

• IMG_20210512_225845.jpg
    IMG_20210512_225845.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210512_225827.jpg
    IMG_20210512_225827.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210512_225747.jpg
    IMG_20210512_225747.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 22
What kind of switch did you use? Might want to post this in the troubleshooting forum. Check out a few of the threads to see the kinds of info you'll want to include.

For a start, I'd reroute the wires for the power so they don't cross right at the board.
Might not even need resoldering, just shove the wires in opposite directions.

As for the middle-off sw problem, I've no clue. I thought it might be a signal direct-to-ground problem involving clipping diodes on a switch, but that's not the case here. After looking at the schematic, I can't think what it might be other than some solder short on the switch-side of the board.

In your trouble-shooting thread, some clearer pics of both sides of the board would be good.

Great looking pedal!

What kind of switch did you use? Might want to post this in the troubleshooting forum. Check out a few of the threads to see the kinds of info you'll want to include.
I used a On-Off-On Switch. I don't think is anything wrong but I didn't understand what was supposed to do (to sound) in the middle position

For a start, I'd reroute the wires for the power so they don't cross right at the board.
Might not even need resoldering, just shove the wires in opposite directions.

As for the middle-off sw problem, I've no clue. I thought it might be a signal direct-to-ground problem involving clipping diodes on a switch, but that's not the case here. After looking at the schematic, I can't think what it might be other than some solder short on the switch-side of the board.

In your trouble-shooting thread, some clearer pics of both sides of the board would be good.

Great looking pedal!
Thanks for the tips this is really helpfull for me!

If I recall correctly, "tight" is a mid-scoop, "classic" is flat-ish EQ, and "fat" is a low end boost. The toggle is switching between a couple of different caps and resistors to change the EQ.

In the middle position you disconnect: C6, R13, R14. So maybe the problem is with C5 or R15? Bad solder joint?

It sounds in the 3 positions. I thought it shouldn't sound. And I don't understand the point of the middle position since the original has 2 positions.
The original has three positions as well. What would be the point of a toggle that cuts the sound?

It sounds in the 3 positions. I thought it shouldn't sound. And I don't understand the point of the middle position since the original has 2 positions.
I see. I'd check the caps as @temol suggested, as it should offer a different "flavor. As @Betty Wont said, there are 3 positions...and as you agree, a kill switch wouldn't make much sense.

Great looking pedal btw!

Back
Top Bottom