Squidward

MBFX

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Very simple. The only thing I'd change about the PCB is to add two small holes for standoffs, since it's just floating in the case otherwise.

I wanted it to be a loud, very octavey boost for weedly weedly weeeeee solo time, so I used BC108s and a 2N5087. It's great! Really works well with fuzz, of course.

I'm sick of my shitty handwritten labeling with paint pens, so I'm trying to figure out a new pro plan. It will be blank for now.

Attachments

• PXL_20231216_233618970.jpg
    PXL_20231216_233618970.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20231216_235846354.jpg
    PXL_20231216_235846354.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 53
The only thing I'd change about the PCB is to add two small holes for standoffs

DIY, dawg!
images

Nice build. Seems like there are lots of choices out there for finishing and labeling the enclosures.

I’m doing an octuplet as one of my next builds but I have plans to breadboard and maybe build one of these also. I think having different options is part of the fun.

Nice build. Seems like there are lots of choices out there for finishing and labeling the enclosures.

I’m doing an octuplet as one of my next builds but I have plans to breadboard and maybe build one of these also. I think having different options is part of the fun.
You can't go wrong with a Green Ringer variant. Next iteration will be a negative power one to cram in a large case with a Fuzz Face and Rangemaster. Basically a big germanium smorgasbord

Update: I changed out the 2N5087 for an AC128 to see what would happen. It's basically the same. I don't think gain matters a whole hell of a lot for the PNP transistor.

Back