Stuff

Well, the third one was a dud, so there's that. I stopped when I got to five, then realized I only needed four, so I untested the extra and threw it back in the bin.

I have a transistor tester, but not a transistor untester. How much does one of those run you? Sometimes having everything tested is dull— where’s the excitement of mystery in my life? It all went away when I tested my transistors.

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Huh? Oh sorry...I was memorizing datasheets. Rigged?

Why, that was the secret word! You win a $98.60 PedalPCB card Phill! :love:

Riggedy-Riggedy!
fig, your too kind & the world would be a better place if if there were more fig's just like you!!!!!!
Thank you Sir!!!

:love:
Phil

I got one of those iRig interfaces...I have a Duet somewhere but it's the first iteration and had some firmware issues. Anyhoo....

It comes with the Amplitube software which is great if you want ala-carte modeling. I'm not sure if there are free previews (there should be) but I'll check or someone please chime in.

Mainly, I wanted to feed some online backing tracks to my new headphones (thank you all for your input btw) and also have onboard effects handy, so I'm using an app called ToneBridge. Punch in a song you want your guitar to "mimic", turn on the backing track...and wander the house and yard in your headphones and underwear jamming to your heart's content. Not all setups are great, and it's not "live" whatever that means anymore...but it's fun as hell.

Obligatory edit: Mostly I use backing tracks from yewtube...if anyone has groovy alternatives..I'm all wrinkles....and ears

Got noodle?

I use iRealPro which has jazz backing tracks but also many other genres (although I think you need to pay separately for those). It works really well for my needs, but beware: it’s midi sounds. The nice thing is that you can change tempo and key very easily. If I need headphone practice, I can plug my Fender Mustang micro which has BT so I can get the track and the guitar through it. Pretty seamless setup.

Reactions: fig
Since my mower decided to die, I built a little battery charger since I had a free battery....sort of.

pOSwOPs.jpg

I've got it turned way down as those leads aren't going to take a lot of current, but it works. That little board under the DMM is a charge regulator I picked up at Tayda (though these are sold nearly everywhere)..thus the charger-on-the-breadboard. Unfortunately, the goop used to attach the heatsink was leftover PlayDoh from 1966, and the heatsink was loose in the package....also, it doesn't work so the heatsink isn't really an issue. I ran an audio probe through it, and it hissed at me :ROFLMAO:. The only thing worth a hoot on that board is the relay, which is likely what is FUBAR.🤷‍♂️

Cxyj4bT.jpg

Schematic...

QTvuULB.png

Since my mower decided to die, I built a little battery charger since I had a free battery....sort of.

pOSwOPs.jpg

I've got it turned way down as those leads aren't going to take a lot of current, but it works. That little board under the DMM is a charge regulator I picked up at Tayda (though these are sold nearly everywhere)..thus the charger-on-the-breadboard. Unfortunately, the goop used to attach the heatsink was leftover PlayDoh from 1966, and the heatsink was loose in the package....also, it doesn't work so the heatsink isn't really an issue. I ran an audio probe through it, and it hissed at me :ROFLMAO:. The only thing worth a hoot on that board is the relay, which is likely what is FUBAR.🤷‍♂️

Cxyj4bT.jpg

Schematic...

QTvuULB.png
How can one learn such a power? The power of making a charger that is.

Well, for lead acid or gel, it's pretty straight-forward. Now, this is assuming you have a 15-18v power supply with enough current on tap. Call me lazy, but I didn’t build that bit.

Pretty cool site;

For lithium-ion and the ilk, it's a bit more complicated and I haven't done any reading in that direction beyond the realization that it would require more study time than I wanted to invest ;)

That said, solar charging and micro-efficiencies are of an extreme interest to me and I hope to have time to explore the tiniest of economies because that's where I'll discover the niche. (y)

Last edited:
Back