TH Black Eye (Soldano GTO) prototype build

Unfortunately it does not. When I was doing the new layout I tried to force it into the previous version's drill layout and I couldn't make it work. It's a scratch layout, so it will not fit into the previous enclosures. Thus the big push for a working buffer board to fix all the previous versions out there.

View attachment 41277
All I see is top mounted jacks!! I may have to order the new version. 👍🏼👍🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Alright, the new Black Eye PCBs are out for delivery today, I'll build one more (partially to verify a change I made and partially because I love this circuit and wouldn't mind having another around) then finish up the build doc and I plan to have it ready to go live this evening along with the Particle Accelerator. I will keep everyone posted.

The new buffer PCBs have been shipped, but due to how big my PCB order got I had to split it up to avoid customs duties, and the order the buffers are on is in Hong Kong ready to go on the next flight over here, current ETA of those is Thursday Feb 9. I ordered 120 of the buffers which should be more than enough to cover all the original version Black Eye boards out there, so as soon as the buffers come I'll pull one to verify it then start getting the rest out to those that need them.

It's been a long battle, but I think it's finally winding down :p

Alright, the new Black Eye PCBs are out for delivery today, I'll build one more (partially to verify a change I made and partially because I love this circuit and wouldn't mind having another around) then finish up the build doc and I plan to have it ready to go live this evening along with the Particle Accelerator. I will keep everyone posted.

The new buffer PCBs have been shipped, but due to how big my PCB order got I had to split it up to avoid customs duties, and the order the buffers are on is in Hong Kong ready to go on the next flight over here, current ETA of those is Thursday Feb 9. I ordered 120 of the buffers which should be more than enough to cover all the original version Black Eye boards out there, so as soon as the buffers come I'll pull one to verify it then start getting the rest out to those that need them.

It's been a long battle, but I think it's finally winding down :p
I'm in Hong Kong right now, just tell me where I need to pick 'm up!
You want me to pick up just my two, or the whole order and smuggle them back to N America? I'll be your PCB Mule...

donkey-and-bag-vector-823686.jpg

I'm in Hong Kong right now, just tell me where I need to pick 'm up!
You want me to pick up just my two, or the whole order and smuggle them back to N America? I'll be your PCB Mule...

donkey-and-bag-vector-823686.jpg
Lucky :p Me and the missus spent half our honeymoon in Hong Kong (Kowloon Tong area) and loved it, we haven't had a chance to go back yet but it's on our bucket list. Lovely place.

The buffer boards made it to Chicago now, but they're listed as "on hold." That usually only lasts a few hours then they go to the delivery facility and then to my door, so I'm still optimistic about a delivery today.

I'm in for a buffer board!
They're still showing as on hold with DHL, so I'm a little worried now. I have two separate shipments of PCBs and both were initially scheduled for delivery today (Thursday) and are now both showing as on hold. The last time this happened they were holding it for customs duties, but I haven't been notified of any duties to be paid, and I specifically split the PCB order into two shipments so I wouldn't have to deal with duties. I'll keep checking on it and will let everyone know when the buffers show up.

Alright, PCBs have been on hold for 36 hours now. Time to reach out to DHL customer service and see what's up. There are a couple other things in those shipments that are customers are (impatiently) waiting for.

EDIT: "The shipment will be processed in the next planned cycle." Cheers, thanks for that. I have no idea what that means.

Man this new layout is a winner!!! So much quieter! Easy building my God it sounds great!

I wanted to call it something with a hot rod kind of name. So I did this!

TtGtyfm.jpg

K2cAaBw.jpg
Hell yeah. Looks great. Nice choice on the red internal LEDs.
The new layout is 100000x better than the OG. I might have to get one now. Although my OG sounds great…. Ahgggg gas.

Back