The correct orientation for the keyway slot in a 3PDT is...

The correct orientation for the keyway slot in a 3PDT is...

• Up

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Down

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I didn't think this was important

Votes: 19 38.0%

• Total voters
Stomp switches: definitely down for me. Why? The flat notch can reflect the light from an LED placed below the switch, creating a vertical light beam that you can see when looking at the pedal at a shallow angle from a distance.

For bonus points, place some light pipe plastic in the notch and hide the LED inside the pedal, pointing up at the light pipe. I haven't done it, but thought about it seriously.

You can't see the notch reflection that well in this pic, but it's the best i have without getting off my butt to take a new pic:

PXL_20230630_184618640.MP.jpg

Toggles? Definitely the notch toward your eyeballs as you look at it, and also the washer nib pointing up, not buried in a hole or snipped off (unless, of course, you actually want to use it for what it's for, as an anti-rotation device). Why? It gives you a clue in which direction the toggle is supposed to be flicked, so you don't try to flick it sideways when it's supposed to go up-down.

Last edited:
Never thought about it. I had to look at my pedals to see if I even subliminally cared. And a rough poll shows it's 50/50.

Back
Top Bottom