This Week on the Breadboard: The Celestial Boost

Ok this makes sense, that just helped me put things into perspective a little better. Turning the treble is more or less making the higher frequencies relevant in the harmonics that the GAIN is creating.

Nice looking layout, @szukalski! I laid this one out back in May it was a bit of a PITA. I never ordered boards, but my layout looks similar to yours.

Switch pads are slotted but don't show up in Eagle's export.

Nice layout, Brett, you even got the relay switching on there. The MP38A footprint looks to be undersized. Appears to be TO-18, should be TO-39.

Send me the schematic for review if you like.

Nice layout, Brett, you even got the relay switching on there. The MP38A footprint looks to be undersized. Appears to be TO-18, should be TO-39.

Send me the schematic for review if you like.
Thank you sir and you're correct, I used the wrong footprint. If I get serious about sending this one off to JLC, I'll get that updated and put the board through the same updated EDA treatment as a couple of the others I've shared with you recently.

Thank you @Chuck D. Bones!

Got this boxed up as well, great sounding drive with such a variety from the boost to high gain. First impression I dig the lower gain and boost settings on this a lot. So much to tweak that I will have to spend some serious playing time with it.
Very nice, thanks again for all the magic Sir @Chuck D. Bones !
I put two old school Mullard OA6 Germanium diodes in the Fuzz position of switch, had to mount them on underside of board as the buggers are pretty big and lay them beside switch which worked just fine.
Only downside is that the mojo factor of them is now well hidden from plain sight hahaha..

sBxIKbB.jpg

zdUOhup.jpg

AhXhfeE.jpg

ofdekM3.jpg

UFHUMEO.jpg

4B96DQg.jpg

Back