What are you listening to?

Chuck D. Bones

I am a Dream Theater fan so I'll definitely give Haken a listen.

Oh, and Barry, I listened to Bustard yesterday and I dug the 60's San Francisco-style groove. Thanks for that!

Nostradoomus

Haken was in the middle of touring with Devin Townsend when everything sorta went batshit, if they’re good enough to tour with the “other DT” then they must be good!

NickDanger

I drove around yesterday for some errands, which was eerie enough already, listening to Witchcult Today by Electric Wizard, and a black cat ran across the road. It was a lot to handle given the current state of the world and made me feel really strange. I’m not superstitious at all. But then I threw up some devil horns and kept driving.

To plug a pretty pedal heavy record that I engineered and mixed, check out New Hell by Greet Death. They’re on Deathwish Inc records, but think more shoegaze / 3 piece rock band with two very unique vocalists who can both actually sing. Love this record!

also +1 to Grand Funk! As a Flint, MI native (who now lives in a cornfield outside of the city a ways), I very much support this decision!

I’m new here. Just wanted to say hello!

chongmagic

I am a Dream Theater fan so I'll definitely give Haken a listen.

Oh, and Barry, I listened to Bustard yesterday and I dug the 60's San Francisco-style groove. Thanks for that!

I really dig some DT stuff, some of it more than others. Sometimes I switch over to the more electronic side and spend some time listening to Com Truise.

Nostradoomus

I drove around yesterday for some errands, which was eerie enough already, listening to Witchcult Today by Electric Wizard, and a black cat ran across the road. It was a lot to handle given the current state of the world and made me feel really strange. I’m not superstitious at all. But then I threw up some devil horns and kept driving.

To plug a pretty pedal heavy record that I engineered and mixed, check out New Hell by Greet Death. They’re on Deathwish Inc records, but think more shoegaze / 3 piece rock band with two very unique vocalists who can both actually sing. Love this record!

also +1 to Grand Funk! As a Flint, MI native (who now lives in a cornfield outside of the city a ways), I very much support this decision!

I’m new here. Just wanted to say hello!

Hello and welcome! The wiz is one of my all time favourites!

Now I am listening to Solid Bronze...I never thought 2 white dudes from Jersey would make a Funkadelic record, but here we are.

TheSin

I’ve been listening to a lot of Allman Brothers Band lately. Also been checking out youtube performances and tutorials from Guthrie Trapp, Greg Koch, Josh Smith and a few other pickers....just trying to improve my playing.

Barry

I’ve been listening to a lot of Allman Brothers Band lately. Also been checking out youtube performances and tutorials from Guthrie Trapp, Greg Koch, Josh Smith and a few other pickers....just trying to improve my playing.
Well as a born and bred southern boy I cannot argue with listening to the Brothers, Tedeschi Trucks gets my ear often as well!

TheSin

Well as a born and bred southern boy I cannot argue with listening to the Brothers, Tedeschi Trucks gets my ear often as well!
Derek blows my mind! So much soul in his slide playing, he makes it sing! Some kickass picking from all of them including Warren and of course Duane and Dickey! I wish I had been listening to this stuff 20 years ago.

Barry

Derek blows my mind! So much soul in his slide playing, he makes it sing! Some kickass picking from all of them including Warren and of course Duane and Dickey! I wish I had been listening to this stuff 20 years ago.
In the 70's I was watching it live

dawson

I'm really enjoying this album^ on youtube.
Very fitting tunes & visuals for the times.

NickDanger

I'm really enjoying this album^ on youtube.
Very fitting tunes & visuals for the times.

yes absolutely! One of the singers, Sam, has another band called War War War. It’s in a similar vein but has a bit more of a country/folk tinge to it. Feels really eerie and apocalyptic at times. I think the record is called “I saw an angel, I buried its body”

just adding more fitting music to the playlist for anyone who needs something to suit this madness ?

bengarland

OMNI by Minus The Bear --- it never gets old.

Bonus:

("Into The Mirror" live at Darryl Hall's house -- it's only half of MTB there, but awesome)

JetFixxxer

Take your pick Something by one of these artist as my play list is on shuffle.
Iron Maiden
Judas Priet
Metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Van Halen
AC/DC
The Offspring
ZZTop
The Who
The Beatles
The Allman Brothers