What's on the workbench?

I've never gotten a migraine from drinking coffee, although I've gotten them from not drinking my morning cup, so I suppose that's similar.

I'm usually fine unless I get carried away and drink it all day, then I end up a bit on edge and jittery.

I had my wisdom teeth removed on a Friday. I never took any pain killers, cause it never really hurt. By Saturday afternoon, I was convinced I had an infection, as I was experiencing pain like I never have before. By Monday, I realized it was because, in the excitement of the teeth removal, I didn’t have any coffee for three days. I learned my lesson then…

When the wife was gifted a pretty nice espresso machine i swapped from drip to making an americano 95% of the days. but now every time we make drip coffee i continue to put a double shot of espresso in it. do that twice in a day and you start to hear color. ANXIETYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I had my wisdom teeth removed on a Friday. I never took any pain killers, cause it never really hurt. By Saturday afternoon, I was convinced I had an infection, as I was experiencing pain like I never have before. By Monday, I realized it was because, in the excitement of the teeth removal, I didn’t have any coffee for three days. I learned my lesson then…

So you're saying you've got a bunch of unused pain killers?

I resorted to a <gasp> Keurig about a year ago, just because I didn't have time to bother with a traditional old coffee maker...

It's nowhere near as good, the pods are just too dang expensive, and I feel like I'm single-handedly killing dolphins every time I toss a pod in the trash can... My machine is starting to get a bit iffy, every few cups it decides to make about a 1/4 cup of cold watered down coffee...

When it finally dies I'm going back to a plain old drip coffee maker...

I can count on half a hand the number of times I’ve had keurig coffee. For years it was electric percolator or nothing. Then a times drip machine…and lately, French press, with fresh beans. I haven’t used milk or sugar since I was a kid…my grandmother didn’t use ice cubes to cool down my coffee, she used whipped cream…

I like my tea black, but sometimes I’ll add a little bit of honey, and depending on the type of tea I might add a splash of oat milk.

If I’m getting a cold drink from my local coffee place, I’ll usually get an unsweetened tea latte with macadamia milk since it’s got a nice flavor and isn’t too creamy that it makes everything feel too rich and absurdly decadent. My typical choice is either vanilla bourbon black tea, or chai. Sometimes I’ll go for earl grey, or whatever their seasonal tea is. I’m not one for sweet drinks or anything too creamy. I just wish Tea was higher in caffeine

I've been making pour over coffee exclusively for years now. My setup is an old pyrex measuring cup and a mesh basket to hold the coffee grounds. Real sophisticated like

I've been making pour over coffee exclusively for years now. My setup is an old pyrex measuring cup and a mesh basket to hold the coffee grounds. Real sophisticated like

I like pour-over and used to use it when I was making my bastardized versio0ns of "Bulletproof Coffee". I have one of those ceramic jobbies that goes on top of your mug and you put a filter in it.

My grandmother used to use some sort of metal percolator that went on the stove?

Not sure how that worked, but the dang thing certainly never broke throughout my entire childhood.

My grandmother used to use some sort of metal percolator that went on the stove?

Not sure how that worked, but the dang thing certainly never broke throughout my entire childhood.

I have one of those. It’s my backup brewer. It has no moving parts, and is almost unbreakable. You could use it on a stove, with charcoal, or even at a campfire. You have to pay attention though…it’s easy to under/overcook the coffee.

I'm going to have to get me one of those. I like that kind of low-tech equipment. :)

I don't think I could survive "off the grid", but if you could just run me some power and internet way out into the middle of nowhere you'll never have to see me again.

Edited because I'm out of touch with the modern world

Back