What's on the workbench?

I should add too, that it always surprises me how good the Klon(e) circuit sounds as-is.

Out of all the hot-rodded, modified, improved, new takes on the circuit, the plain old three knobber is where it's at for me.

I'd love to hate it because of the hype, but I just can't. I'm still going to dime the gain control though, you'll never take that from me. :ROFLMAO:
I'd love to hate it because of the hype, but I just can't. I'm still going to dime the gain control though, you'll never take that from me. :ROFLMAO:
I can't believe how it went from such a Unique Build to a such a Piece of Crap that He created & the Mob I believe that built it for him has been Milking it ever since with their multiple versions!!!

This is Gospel, the year he announced that he would no longer be building it, I contacted him by email a couple of months earlier to purchase it.
He responded along the lines by asking me why I wanted to purchase it so he could tell me if it was suitable to my needs.
I never responded back as I wasn't purchasing it come Hell or High Water coz I wasn't Good enough to have one.
I don't regret not getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mate purchased one & it fried the zener diode before I knew him & he sent it to Bill & he fixed it but he also had a go at my Mate for the state it was in, He had done over a Hundred or more Gigs with it touring Germany & fulltime in Australia & it was discoloured & a bit grimey.
He told my Mate that he didn't want to see it again & the next time it Crapped itself, I was around!
It still Going strong since 2014 & just finished 31 shows in 35 days across Europe!

I have built 3 Replicas using the Original Caps & Electrolytics in the knock off Enclosure & it still cost less for each of them than I could have purchased it for from him & it's fully Serviceable.
My Mate has 1 & I have the other 2!!!

I can't believe how it went from such a Unique Build to a such a Piece of Crap that He created & the Mob I believe that built it for him has been Milking it ever since with their multiple versions!!!

This is Gospel, the year he announced that he would no longer be building it, I contacted him by email a couple of months earlier to purchase it.
He responded along the lines by asking me why I wanted to purchase it so he could tell me if it was suitable to my needs.
I never responded back as I wasn't purchasing it come Hell or High Water coz I wasn't Good enough to have one.
I don't regret not getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mate purchased one & it fried the zener diode before I knew him & he sent it to Bill & he fixed it but he also had a go at my Mate for the state it was in, He had done over a Hundred or more Gigs with it touring Germany & fulltime in Australia & it was discoloured & a bit grimey.
He told my Mate that he didn't want to see it again & the next time it Crapped itself, I was around!
It still Going strong since 2014 & just finished 31 shows in 35 days across Europe!

I have built 3 Replicas using the Original Caps & Electrolytics in the knock off Enclosure & it still cost less for each of them than I could have purchased it for from him & it's fully Serviceable.
My Mate has 1 & I have the other 2!!!
Wait, so someone paid and exorbitant amount of money, and he was an ass? Did he buy it from bill?

My Mate purchased one & it fried the zener diode

Yep, that won't be as likely with the circuit above. Parallel polarity / overvoltage with no current limiting is just an awful awful idea.

To the average pedal user a shorted protection diode is just as broken as a damaged opamp. The pedal doesn't work either way.

Put the MB Degenerator together this evening, and I don’t think I know exactly how to best use it. Maybe once I get it boxed up and with some other pedals it’ll make more sense. I think I have the trim pot set correctly.

This is my first time working with little 1/8W resistors and it went together really smoothly.

65EF5486-D217-48EC-84EC-BC7986DC5810.jpeg

467AFCEF-151D-4CCB-B0EF-40EB5265726C.jpeg

... No one actually cares...
bcd7c1b06cdd6f38704de6f8c4992646b337bc23.gif

Hope you're planning on using this knob layout for the JHS crayon

The only catch is that we'd have to use 9mm pots to get that exact orientation.

but Side Mounted Deep switch (n)

Couldn't agree more. "Things" shouldn't stick out the sides of pedals, defeats the whole purpose of top mounted jacks.

Expression (or other aux) inputs really are the only exception.

Back