What's on the workbench?

Reminds me of this klone I quite like the look of. Is there a story behind the dinosaur?
Ahh, yep! That looks sharp, love it!

I can't take full credit for the control layout, a friend of mine has recently gotten into Klones and showed me a picture of one, it very well could have been that one. I told him I'd build him one similar and I really liked the KTR-style layout (although despise the actual KTR) so wanted one for myself as well.

As for the dinosaur... I botched the first batch of PCBs... It was a full panel with breakout board, but I spaced the knobs too far apart so the pointers hung over the edge of the enclosure slightly. I couldn't live with that so I reworked the layout... Rather than have a second batch of bad PCBs I decided to get a small prototype run this time, without the panelized breakout boards, just to make sure everything was OK. I had to fill that space with something, and I knew @Fingolfen liked dinosaurs, so that's what I put on there with the intentions of sending the extras to him.

I should add too, that it always surprises me how good the Klon(e) circuit sounds as-is.

Out of all the hot-rodded, modified, improved, new takes on the circuit, the plain old three knobber is where it's at for me.

I'd love to hate it because of the hype, but I just can't. I'm still going to dime the gain control though, you'll never take that from me. :ROFLMAO:

I should add too, that it always surprises me how good the Klon(e) circuit sounds as-is.

Out of all the hot-rodded, modified, improved, new takes on the circuit, the plain old three knobber is where it's at for me.

I'd love to hate it because of the hype, but I just can't. I'm still going to dime the gain control though, you'll never take that from me. :ROFLMAO:
I’ve never understood why people get so hung up on the diodes if they aren’t gonna use them.

I think it benefits from a slight modification of the treble cap.

Also, Chuck’s bass-voiced circuit is a fantastic take on original.

I plugged in my Kliche last night after having it off the board for a while. Gain at about 90% and tone a little left of straight up. Just awesome fun.

Back