Stuff

Should be separate category for the hardware...
as for now - let's focus on the "small, but crazy expenisve" stuff :)

Output transformers not allowed. Same with the speakers :)

Looks like in most cases items like FV1, beltons, are probably most expensive.

I was going to say, I dropped $350 on a MM Superstack…

Op amps…a couple of metal can Burr Brown OPA21XX ~$40ea, some $60-$70ea MUSES.
A few vintage diodes and several nice “wall-hanger” Ge transistors, some of which have been generously gifted to me by other members.
FXCores, FV-1s,THAT43021 & 05, and Daisyseeds.

🤷‍♂️

Edit: I don’t talk about the “Reticon Affair”.

My kids and grandson got together and bought the old man a noisemaker…I may have dropped a hint. It is made by the One Man Band Drum Co. right here in the Blue Ridge mtns of NC. It‘s a 1964 American Tourister Tiara, complete with pedal tabs, skull bottle opener, rear port, a 1964 NH plate, and tambourine. Ludwig pedal sold separately. :ROFLMAO:
I’ve got it dampened pretty well, but still need to tighten the tone a bit. I’ll need a brush pedal for the chachinger.
Now I can curse the drummer with impunity…or can I?

Ur1rygy.jpg

Forgot to mention, my daughter is loaning me her cajon, so maybe some improv percussion tracks?

I put these together Saturday; first a UMI Buzz Tone. I eliminated the volume expander switch because it did nothing more than replace the fuzz with mud, and a muddy tone isn’t quite the “dirt” I was after.

y119xag.png

RRQjhnx.jpg

…and a Tone Bender MKII, which I plan to enclose in the near future. I breadboarded one of these awhile back but ended up stealing some parts from it so here’s another. Forgive the funky schematic.

IofHO8O.jpg

F0w2XOg.jpg
I see my favorite transistor of all time! Flat hats for the win!

FYI, these are sold out forever over at SBE. I have a very small stash left but when they’re gone they’re gone!

I see my favorite transistor of all time! Flat hats for the win!

FYI, these are sold out forever over at SBE. I have a very small stash left but when they’re gone they’re gone!
Good buy. These spec’d out @

Q1: 68 hfe / .023mA leakage
Q2: 75 hfe / .031mA leakage
Q3: .78 hfe / .038mA leakage [ Q3C biased to 4.51VDC ]

It’s a very LOUD and FUZZY circuit, so yay. :)

Here’s a snap from the scope; The settings are VOL @ ~2 & FUZZ dimed. I’m running a 200Hz sine @ 200mVpp.

6OeSfZj.png

Last edited:
Good buy. These spec’d out @

Q1: 68 hfe / .023mA leakage
Q2: 75 hfe / .031mA leakage
Q3: .78 hfe / .038mA leakage [ Q3C biased to 1.54VDC ]

It’s a very LOUD and FUZZY circuit, so yay. :)

Here’s a snap from the scope; The settings are VOL @ ~2 & FUZZ dimed. I’m running a 200Hz sine @ 200mVpp.

6OeSfZj.png

Q3 biased to 1.54 v?

• Haha
Reactions: fig
You should try bumping that up before you box it to see how you like it.

Collector voltages for Q1 and Q3 are typically > 7.8 vDC for the MK II.
I’ll give that a go. It started a bit higher, but I automatically aimed for 1/2 Vcc without checking any docs…🤷‍♂️ I use a cheap resistor decade tool to dial in. It sounds pretty gravy as-is, so I’m ready to be wowed.

You should try bumping that up before you box it to see how you like it.

Collector voltages for Q1 and Q3 are typically > 7.8 vDC for the MK II.
I landed on @ ~6vDC which sounded to be a sweet spot, so a 1.5vDC increase. It really opened up the pedal. Thanks Derek!

I'm glad you asked!
So, I'm using this JMK Paralyzer to set up the SCHMORG as 2 parallel loops of effects that I can blend together, or roll back-and-forth between during songs:

https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/jmk-paralyzer-for-my-schmorg.12003/

It's working great, but I want a way to get all of my effects back into series (sometimes.)
After an hour of sketching, I learned that I'm not clever enough to build this little dream of mine with any less than a 6PDT.
After another half-hour of asking the internet, "Do 6PDT's even exist??" I found this monster on Digi-Key^.

Anyhow, I'm going to build another JMK Paralyzer with the parallel/series function.

Like a dummy, I didn't even check the measurements..
It's going to fit under a 125B plate, but just barely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom