Stuff

I'm glad you asked!
So, I'm using this JMK Paralyzer to set up the SCHMORG as 2 parallel loops of effects that I can blend together, or roll back-and-forth between during songs:

https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/jmk-paralyzer-for-my-schmorg.12003/

It's working great, but I want a way to get all of my effects back into series (sometimes.)
After an hour of sketching, I learned that I'm not clever enough to build this little dream of mine with any less than a 6PDT.
After another half-hour of asking the internet, "Do 6PDT's even exist??" I found this monster on Digi-Key^.

Like a dummy, I didn't even check the measurements..
It's going to fit under a 125B plate, but just barely.
Oh I definitely want to see that when you get it together sir. :love:

After another half-hour of asking the internet, "Do 6PDT's even exist??" I found this monster on Digi-Key^.
Should've just asked me. 😸

I did that search, too, for a project and was elated to find that monster — then I was deflated by the price!
Your search skills are so much better, I remember looking for hours if not days — you found it in a half-hour!
I still haven't picked one up, yet. Will have to once the project rises to the top of the queue. Y

I wanted to be able to switch between 2 settings of an LPF, but would require Dual-Gang pots making that difficult — 6PDT would be an expen$ive $olution with lots of Off-board wiring. Same deal with an EQ I wanted to have two settings for — danged dual-gangs!

Then I wanted to switch out control on a PLL for Glide & Sub-root via the 6PDT switch redirecting either of the controls to a footswitch on/off...

6PDT-SCHMORG! 😻

So many uses, I keep finding them — more people should use these 6PDTs, then maybe the price would come down.

Last edited:
I'm glad you asked!
So, I'm using this JMK Paralyzer to set up the SCHMORG as 2 parallel loops of effects that I can blend together, or roll back-and-forth between during songs:

https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/jmk-paralyzer-for-my-schmorg.12003/

It's working great, but I want a way to get all of my effects back into series (sometimes.)
After an hour of sketching, I learned that I'm not clever enough to build this little dream of mine with any less than a 6PDT.

Anyhow, I'm going to build another JMK Paralyzer with the parallel/series function.

Like a dummy, I didn't even check the measurements..
It's going to fit under a 125B plate, but just barely.
You are a crazy SOB and I love you for it…🤣

Should've just asked me. 😸

I did that search, too, for a project and was elated to find that monster — then I was deflated by the price!
our search skills are so much better, I remember looking for hours if not days — you found it in a half-hour!
I still haven't picked one up, yet. Will have to once the project rises to the top of the queue. Y

I wanted to be able to switch between 2 settings of an LPF, but would require Dual-Gang pots making that difficult — 6PDT would be an expen$ive $olution with lots of Off-board wiring. Same deal with an EQ I wanted to have two settings for — danged dual-gangs!

Then I wanted to switch out control on a PLL for Glide & Sub-root via the 6PDT switch redirecting either of the controls to a footswitch on/off...

6PDT-SCHMORG! 😻

So many uses, I keep finding them — more people should use these 6PDTs, then maybe the price would come down.
If they came in smaller sizes then I’d definitely be all over them. As it stands, I have some 6pdt and 8pm to functions I’d like to execute in some of my designs that will probably need me to dive deep into the world of microcontrollers and mini-relays instead

Next is the Tone Bender Mark 1.5 .

zsaExjM.jpg

i8BdTuI.jpg

Man, that poor little transistor is caged!
Your Fuzz Face is wrong!

I wonder if Arbiter was accused of plagiarism back in '66.

Reactions: fig
I'm going to buy a bunch of Telecaster replica Top-hat Switch tips and crazy glue them to some 2N3904 transistors — then sell them on eekbay (with full-disclosure, I'm no snake-oil salesman).

You should offer them separately as an aftermarket "upgrade" kit. :ROFLMAO:

Surely just the thermal insulation alone has to improve the tone of any circuit they're used in by approximately 11.1111117%.

:love: for the assist.

I was certainly around back then, but I don’t know pedal history so do I need another schematic?

Hey guys I got my bottle of snake oil
:love: for the assist.

I was certainly around back then, but I don’t know pedal history so do I need another schematic?
Looks legit to me but I am but a mere admirer of the craft

MK1.5: late 1965-early 1966
Fuzz Face: late 1966
Vox Tonebender: early 1967

I stand corrected!

EDIT: It’s very interesting comparing the Fuzz Face, MK 1.5, Vox TB and the Colorsound One-Knob.

So many cool little variations. It’s a breadboarder’s dream!

Last edited:
You should offer them separately as an aftermarket "upgrade" kit. :ROFLMAO:

Surely just the thermal insulation alone has to improve the tone of any circuit they're used in by approximately 11.1111117%.
I could wrap them in tinfoil and sell them as mojo parts to people making MK1.5 Tonebenders, vintage-style Fuzz Faces, and early-inspired Vox Tonebenders.

Mega-mojo for hats wrapped in gold-foil…

Reactions: fig
A few changes…I mistakenly stuck a 100KΩ in place of a 10KΩ @ R8 which sounded fine if you flipped C8, but was reminded of ticking bombs…so I did it according to the schematic, like a good boy.

I also swapped the LF351N for a TL081, the tantalum @ C8 out for an EC, and C3 / C4 for silver mica.

I did a quick highlight of the signal path if it helps anyone. I’ll find my stylus …my finger isn’t very accurate.

yk5YykX.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, thoughts on turning this into a 4 knob Stellar drive? The "Clean Blend" knob sounds pretty darn cool. (Yes, I DID say "no more overdrives for me.....:))

Hmmm, thoughts on turning this into a 4 knob Stellar drive? The "Clean Blend" knob sounds pretty darn cool. (Yes, I DID say "no more overdrives for me.....:))

We could certainly speculate and come up with a clean blend control.... but I really hate speculating.

Alternatively, if anyone happens to see a 4-knob version for sale anywhere let me know.

Back