What's on the workbench?

Wrapping up a Mach 1 for my nephew. I ordered a wrong couple of caps so that's the holdup. Making a shopping list now for it, a FA1 from Aion, and a Diamond Drive from GuitarPCB, and the Triad Overdrive when it arrives.

Wiring the FA1to skip the footswitch and be always on.

Last edited:
Any progress on the TPA-3118 front?

As far as the basic power amp is concerned it's working, I just need to find the part number for the correct jacks in order to top mount them in a 125B enclosure. The imported jacks that Tayda sells are slightly to wide to fit without sanding/filing down the corners.... Less than ideal.

Neutrik makes one that is slimmer, I just need to hunt down the part number and adjust the dimensions of the PCB slightly.

My bench. Since weekend nights are my only time to build, looks like I’m exactly set through the end of 2020. ??

Attachments

• 4B1B6FF1-B214-4B71-9ADE-F6D8DB16C6FC.jpeg
    4B1B6FF1-B214-4B71-9ADE-F6D8DB16C6FC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
IMG_1481.jpg

Today I'm finishing boxing the delay on right, 'arting' another Rat enclosure, and finishing up my first Sabbath, which I dont have high hopes for because transistors... the rather profane 'guvnator in the middle needs to have its pots replaced (I tried to rescue them from an old scraped project, but must have melted them in the process), and I have a tube screamer somewhere that just don't seem to work right. I'm getting close to posting on the troubleshooting forum with it, because I can't figure out where this one is going wrong...

Looking forward to my next round after i get these wrapped up! Thinking about a few classic distortions, like a big muff or Dist+, but sourcing classic transistors is going to be my next learning curve hurdle I think (plus it adds up fast).

Testing LDRs in the DeadEndFX Charonium (Lastgasp Misty Cave clone). Using the wooden top of some Cohiba matches I got in Cuba as a light shield in front of the enclosure I intend to put it in. Can probably sneak another circuit in there too.

50C9D11E-1ECD-48D1-91F7-D518E173BFDC.jpeg

Testing LDRs in the DeadEndFX Charonium (Lastgasp Misty Cave clone). Using the wooden top of some Cohiba matches I got in Cuba as a light shield in front of the enclosure I intend to put it in. Can probably sneak another circuit in there too.

Ahh cool, I almost bought one of these to trace about a month ago, now I'm glad I didn't! :D (y)

Sounds like a green ringer and or octave down and some modulation haha. I had a Ravish Sitar for a spell, it was fun but I lust after the real thing or a Jerry Jones haha

I've been working on this guy for a month. It's essentially a dual overdrive circuit controlled via a single dual gang pot. One is soft clipping LEDs and allowing more highs through, the other is a soft clipping 914 side which takes care of the beefy stuff and there's a healthy overlap in the middle because that's where the fun is.

I was rolling exotic op amps for an hour yesterday and settled on the good ol tl072, they just sound good and the noise is minimal.

Honestly this thing is killer. I can think of a sound and find it in there somewhere.

The only pedal that I now know uses the dual gang thing is the bd2 but the Sundog is a little different in that each stage has different clipping and frequency response.

The topography goes led clipping, into a fixed gain stage of 10, then into the 914 clipping, through the active BMT tone stack and then out.

This is the reason I was trying to find a predrilled 1590bb but in the end just did it myself.

The artwork is inspired by the view from my kitchen window, the name is my furry pal who enjoys the sun on the deck.

IMG_20201124_214837_874.jpg

IMG_20201124_215320_098.jpg

I think it needs different knobs though.

I've been working on this guy for a month. It's essentially a dual overdrive circuit controlled via a single dual gang pot. One is soft clipping LEDs and allowing more highs through, the other is a soft clipping 914 side which takes care of the beefy stuff and there's a healthy overlap in the middle because that's where the fun is.

I was rolling exotic op amps for an hour yesterday and settled on the good ol tl072, they just sound good and the noise is minimal.

Honestly this thing is killer. I can think of a sound and find it in there somewhere.

The only pedal that I now know uses the dual gang thing is the bd2 but the Sundog is a little different in that each stage has different clipping and frequency response.

The topography goes led clipping, into a fixed gain stage of 10, then into the 914 clipping, through the active BMT tone stack and then out.

This is the reason I was trying to find a predrilled 1590bb but in the end just did it myself.

The artwork is inspired by the view from my kitchen window, the name is my furry pal who enjoys the sun on the deck.

View attachment 7956

View attachment 7957

I think it needs different knobs though.
Nice

Back